Mega Mania

Parthian Army

1. Infantry

Parthian spearman

Parthian heavy infantry or swordsman

Hyrcanian hillman

Persian archers

2. Cavalry

Parthian light cavalry (Kamandar-e Pahlavanig)

Azadan cavalry (Aswaran-e Azadan)

Clibanarii (Grivpanvar)

3. Champion unit

Parthian Guard Cavalry (Pushtigban)

4. Siege

None

5. Ships

None

6. Heroes

Arsaces

Mithridates II The Great

Surena (Rostam Suren-Pahlav)

Vologases I (Valakhsh)

Artabanus IV

This is my list of Parthian army, not an official 0 AD list.

Hopefully the team may consider it.

please explain me a mystery, what ships we put????

i think that the Birreme is the only that we need, because the Parthians and Sassanids don't have a "marine" strong!, as for example Carthage, or at least, rome or hellenes, the marine of this civilzations was very primitive, as the mauryan navy, or we don't put any any any ship?, or at least a weak and simple birreme?

Edited by newcivs

and about the siege weapons i have a "impovised" and very curious solution:

* As tha mauryan indians this civilzations, don't used, ballistas, oxibeles, rams, siege towers, but this civilizations used champion elephants as tha mauryan indians, we can put to this units the bonus for be used as siege weapons

please explain me a mystery, what ships we put????

i think that the Birreme is the only that we need, because the Parthians and Sassanids don't have a "marine" strong!, as for example Carthage, or at least, rome or hellenes, the marine of this civilzations was very primitive, as the mauryan navy, or we don't put any any any ship?, or at least a weak and simple birreme?

Parthian never have a navy for they barely control these area.

This map will show why:

pamaki.jpg

The coastal area which is under control of Elymais, Persis and the Indo Parthian. The former (Elymais, Persis) enjoys a high degree of autonomy while the latter (Indo Parthian) have declare independence from the Parthian central authority and later destroyed by the Kushan Empire. As the Parthian have no control over the coastal area, their navy was a blank.

parthia_map.jpg

Later they manage to control parts of Arab coast but due to weak imperial authority and wars against Roman Empire, they barely have the resources to raise a navy thus making Parthian navy absent from Parthian history.

Edited by Mega Mania
  • Like 1

and about the siege weapons i have a "impovised" and very curious solution:

* As tha mauryan indians this civilzations, don't used, ballistas, oxibeles, rams, siege towers, but this civilizations used champion elephants as tha mauryan indians, we can put to this units the bonus for be used as siege weapons

Parthian do not use war elephants except for display of power during the reign of Vologases I. Other option like siege ladders could be a good option, while units like Hyrcanian Hillmen which i proposed was armed with axes which means they could destroy wooden palisade and gates thus solving the lack of siege gear problem, unfortunately the only disadvantage of these tribal warrior is that they have low HP and armor.

Edited by Mega Mania
  • Like 1

Sassanid Dynasty have a navy made up by Arabs that includes people of Kuwait, Bahrain and the people of Oman especially those from the tribe of Azd (Banu Al-Azd). Their war vessels are the famous Dhow but the design was totally different from modern Dhow. But i have manage to identify at least 1 type of ship that could be the warship for Sassanid navy, hope you guys like it.

post-15682-0-25112800-1382649826_thumb.j

The ship was the only candidate, but if anyone ask what's the flag doing there please ignore it.

Edited by Mega Mania

Now comes the list of Sassanid Army:

1. Infantry

Infantry (Payg)

Archer (Kamandar-e Eransahr)

Dismounted cavalry (Arteshtar-i Payahdag)

Kurdish tribesman

2. Cavalry

Sassanid Cataphract (Aswaran-e Eransahr)

Clibanarii (Grivpanvar)

Sakastan cavalry (Aswaran-e Sakasahr)

3. Champion unit

Zayedan (Royal Household Cavalry)

Gilani Warrior (Arteshstar-i Gelanig)

Royal Household Archers (Kamandar-e Zayedan)

War Elephant

4. Siege

Onager (Falakan-e Majaniq)

Scorpion

Battering Ram

Siege Tower

Ballista

5. Navy

Omani War Vessel

6. Heroes

Ardashir I

Shapur I

Shapur II

Bahram V (Gur)

Edited by Mega Mania
  • Like 1

Now comes the list of Sassanid Army:

1. Infantry

Infantry (Payg)

Archer (Kamandar-e Eransahr)

Dismounted cavalry (Arteshtar-i Payahdag)

Kurdish tribesman

2. Cavalry

Sassanid Cataphract (Aswaran-e Eransahr)

Clibanarii (Grivpanvar)

Sakastan cavalry (Aswaran-e Sakasahr)

3. Champion unit

Zayedan (Royal Household Cavalry)

Gilani Warrior (Arteshstar-i Gelanig)

Royal Household Archers (Kamandar-e Zayedan)

War Elephant

4. Siege

Onager (Falakan-e Majaniq)

Scorpion

Battering Ram

Siege Tower

Ballista

5. Navy

Omani War Vessel

6. Heroes

Ardashir I

Shapur I

Shapur II

Bahram V (Gur)

I like this idea!!

Thanks, I like this units!!!, if you want some help i could aid with build some units, and publish the collada files!

Parthian do not use war elephants except for display of power during the reign of Vologases I. Other option like siege ladders could be a good option, while units like Hyrcanian Hillmen which i proposed was armed with axes which means they could destroy wooden palisade and gates thus solving the lack of siege gear problem, unfortunately the only disadvantage of these tribal warrior is that they have low HP and armor.

excuse if i am trolling, but, what happens if the "hycarian hillmen" tries to attack other buildings?, houses, barracks, stone walls, civ centres, fortresses, special buildings, and wonders?, we mantain the bonus??????, and i have a n idea for repair the "health & armoun trouble", reduce the cost for put this units very cheap and replaceable!

Perhaps you could have both Parthians and Sassanids in the game for part II without much extra work and making sense (like the Greek and Celtic factions):

- Simular buildings and many common units, since they mostly had the same territory.

- They briefly fought against each other during the part II timeframe

- Sassinids should have a some heavy infantry power plus more elephant and mostly catafract focus

- Parthians should have only weak infantry, good catafracts, (maybe) no elephants and more of a horse archer focus.

Parthian timeframe is almost equally split between the two game parts so they could also fit for part I. They could also be considered for having some of the nomad faction mechanics since they started as nomads before occupying a revolted seleucid satrapy.

Edited by Prodigal Son