Custom Campaigns?

Andrettin

it's my understanding that the current plans for campaigns are that they'll be styled after the Total War series. personally, i think it would be easier to make a linear campaign in the vein of the various AOE games and Empire Earth, which follow a historical figure for whichever civilizations (like an Alexander campaign for the Macedonians, a Caesar campaign for the Republican Romans, etc.). this would also allow the designers to better-maintain historicity, unless the idea is that the campaigns will focus on battles which took place concurrently as part of larger wars with multiple fronts (like Rome's various conquests)

• 2 weeks later...

I think Total War style campaigns don't go very well with a RTS: Total War battles are much more limited in scope (at most a single city is represented) being Real-Time Tactics, while RTS missions include multiple towns, and their time span is greater, too. Anyhow, that's my opinion :)