French language

GIMP supports layers, but I’m not so sure about effects and filters that automatically affect those layers. But I know for sure that we can write GIMP scripts that, given a text, apply the effects and filters required, so in the end we get the same (using free software).

About the tickets, I do not have SVN write access. I can fix some of them (those that affect translations) in my internationalization branch, and get them merged in master along with the rest of my changes. Other issues, such as the classes issues that you reported, should not be included in the internationalization branch, as the internationalization does not currently extend to classes (this I plan to do after reworking the class system presentation itself).

Hi,

Sorry if I was a little slow in responding, I waited to be more awake in the morning, and once started on Transiflex I forget to return.

For images, I had a good time on the following night (starting with finding the HQ pictures, and read the forum for fonts ...). Finally, I lost a lot of time with Gimp filters (as I thought), and I ended up back on Fireworks, but ... I remembered that I needed Photoshop, which has since been uninstalled. The day is finished on it, but these images are less important than the text, I will leave aside and focus on Transiflex.

By cons, I made ​​good progress on Transiflex the last three days, and the French translation just taken the third place :)

Some strings caught my attention (missing or ...), but I'll wait to be nearest to the rereading, and make real test in game for you the report (problems spaces GUI will certainly priority so I take note of these remarks for later).

Edit: Small question about updating your GitHub repository. Can we keep up with the equivalent of SVN procedure:

Keeping up to date

If you already checked out the code and only want to update and rebuild it, you may find it helpful to save the lines below to a script called e.g. rebuild.sh, place it in your 0ad directory, make it executable and run it.

#!/bin/sh
set -e
svn up
cd build/workspaces
./clean-workspaces.sh
./update-workspaces.sh
cd gcc
make clean
make -j3

If you want to rebuild quickly after updating from SVN, you can usually get away with:

svn up cd build/workspaces

./update-workspaces.sh

cd gcc make -j3

If the make line gives errors, you may need to run make clean before it. If the update-workspaces.sh gives errors, you may need to run clean-workspaces.sh before it.

I have not tried it, but git up instead of svn up seems too easy to be good.

Edited by Loki72

If you do not plan to create a merge request with that code, you can use “git pull origin i18n-gallaecio”.

To revert your local changes, “git checkout -- <modified file or folder>”.

By the way, congratulations — Impresive progress. Now that MIchael has updated the quotes, as soon as the official Git repository of 0 A.D. is updated, I will rebase and we are on to reach 100% in translations :)

Edited by Gallaecio

Thanks for doing the i18n work, and thanks fo Loki for your reports!

BTW I always recommend that you download the file from Transifex when the day's work is done, and loading it into a program like Virtaal or Poedit that has a translation memory. This way, if there are slight string changes the next day (like fixing a typo), when you get the new file and work in your program again, it will suggest a translation and you won't have to do the whole work over again for the string :)

I will test the "git pull origin i18n-gallaecio" in future updates of the repository, but if I can avoid downloading the unchanged files, this is good news.

For quotes, I was waiting to finish /civs, but I've already translated 248 of the 416 contained in r13898. So even if it is secondary, they always give more importance to the internationalization branch. ^^

Poedit seems more austere, so I installed Virtaal. At first glance, it will accelerate the seizure, even though I have not had time to check if it was possible to import/export the comments of strings or the glossary of Transiflex (I started documenting in to harmonize the work of different translators, and future reviewers). If in addition, it can save me a long time of merge when I upload my file after updating sources (although syntax errors were caused by \n awkwardly entered in .po), and allow follow changes of other translators ... this is good news too.

I would be absent next week, but there is enough good news to hurry back. :)

PS, for \n: They work and this is the approach I chose for descriptions of maps (everything is ok now), but I noticed in solving my problem, that the "⏎" symbol (copy/paste from the source to the translation in the editor of Transiflex, and become black and not red as in the source version) is transcribed "⏎\n" in the .po, which appears in the game by "?" for line concerned. The return to the line against (the "enter" key) is correctly transcribed "\n" in the .po and causes no problem.

Edited by Loki72