French language

Good for "none" and duplicates,

By cons, for the problems of space, I noted a necessary twenties to my FRENCH.zip of r13828 (I just update in r13872), but ... it is clearly not practical to follow the changes that occurring in Transiflex :(

He'll have to take into account your "build the game from sources using the internationalization branch".

I look at it tonight (it is not won, I have no idea how to do, other than the deposit https://launchpad.ne...archive/0ad.dev)

Edit: I will try to follow these instructions http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Linux, we'll see.

Edited by Loki72

Oh, for duplicates, I kept this one for later:

Theatron spec :

athen.json, mace.json, theb.json

- The Hellenisation civ bonus
Building a Theatron increases the territory effect of all buildings by 25%.

spart.json

- The Hellenisation civ bonus
:
Building a Theatron increases the territory effect of all buildings by 25%.

I do not know if you saw it. Moreover, it is standardized for Transiflex, or in the game ?

Edited by Loki72

Hi,

Gallaecio, I was not able to install your github version (https://github.com/Gallaecio/0ad.git), while I have no problem with the official (https://github.com/0ad/0ad.git)

To be more precise, I have ubuntu 13.04, and errors when ./update-workspaces.sh -j2

I also notice that in this version, I do not have test and pyrogenesis files but test_dbg.exe.config and pyrogenesis_dbg.exe.config (I don't remember seeing them in the other versions). There is a specific method to install it, or is incompatible with linux ?

Typing on transiflex progresses, slowly but surely, by cons it's a shame not to see the result in game :( (that would oblige me to keep my /mods/public/French.zip, which does not permit me to track changes in other translators)

Edited by Loki72

Could you post the errors you are getting? (That helps a lot with finding out what goes wrong)

The test and pyrogenesis files are created by running make (after running update-workspaces.sh first) so it is only logical that you don't have them if the build fails. The .exe.config files are there in the 0ad git mirror too.

Can we find a log file, because there is a lot of lines that pass very quickly. I just had time to note :

- during : ./update-workspaces.sh -j2

Building TinyGettext…

./build.sh: 10: ./build.sh: scons: not found

ERROR: TinyGettext build failed

installing scons resolve this error, but I did not need to install it with SVN and GitHub official versions.

- during : make -j2

In file included from ../../../source/scripting/ScriptGlue.cpp:36:0:

../../../source/lib/external_libraries/icu.h:26:30:
fatal error
: unicode/smpdtfmt.h :
No file or folder of this type

compilation is completed.

make[1]: *** [obj/engine_Release/ScriptGlue.o] Error 1

make: *** [engine] Error 2

The installation is very long, but if necessary, I can do it again and be more attentive to errors happening.

Edited by Loki72

You can redirect the output to a file by appending '> mylogfile' to the command (note that this does only redirect stdio, but not stderr (to which errors are normally printed) so you should use '2>&1 > mylogfile')

Scons is needed to build tinygettext (which is used to get the translated strings out of the .po files) and the second error indicates that you need to install ICU (and if the normal package doesn't include the headers the package that contains those (maybe named icu-dev or icu-headers)) as it is needed by some changes.

leper is right. Also, I can reassure you that the repo builds on Linux. What I cannot assure you is whether or not it builds in any other platform, although it should :)

ICU is a must have, but I’m wondering what to do with tinygettext. The library has changes, so it’s actually a fork, and the main project does not seem to be maintained. I believe SuperTuxKart developers also forked it, which being it that small is not much of an issue. So maybe we could integrate it more into our build system somehow and get rid of the scons build dependency.

Anyway, I guess all these things will pop up as soon as the patch gets reviewed.

Small feedback:

Thank you Leper, I successfully install the version of Gallaecio. Effectively, libicu-dev solved the error 'make- j2'.

There have been many 'Warning' and textures are slow to load (I'm on ubuntu which is only used for testing, it's perhaps her), but I can see real-time changes to :

/home/loki/0ad/binaries/data/localization/fr.engine.po

/home/loki/0ad/binaries/data/mods/public/localization/fr.public.po

In the evening, I would do an installation on my ubuntu of work to see if it's better, but ... now that everything is working, I'm able to verify that the translation is well inserts, and this is the main :)

You have been using the release previously? In SVN textures are not stored compressed but are converted when they are first used, so that would explain stuff looking grey.

Regarding the warnings could you post/attach them here? (You can find them in ~/.config/0ad/logs/interestinglog.html)

Yes, it is indeed a custom build (28 September 2013), and the textures are normally charged for the next use. I had not noticed it with the official svn version, but it does not change anything in the end.

Regarding the warnings, I already wanted to post the 'mylogfile_update-workspaces-sh' and 'mylogfile_make-j2' (after a diff with the original svn version, to extract only regard https://github.com/Gallaecio/0ad.git), but I forgot to get my ubuntu in english before installation so that all comments are in french :(

I was told that it could help, but if you prefer the 'interestinglog.html', I'll send him after the english version installed (I have not yet done the: "Tonight, I would do an install of ubuntu on my work").

Edit: In fact, no, 'interestinglog.html' concerning the exection and not the installation (in to see the date), it is much shorter and english. I joined, but visibly everything is in order (with 471 message(s), 0 error(s) and 0 warning(s)), which did not seem to be the case when building. I have to rebuild anyway, and I'll save the 'mylogfile' files. if I see big diff 'Warning', I would say, if not ... let's move on.

interestinglog.html

Edited by Loki72

Ah, you got the warnings when building. I thought you got some when running the game (which logs the errors in interestinglog).

If you want to get the build log in English you should just prepend the commands you run with 'LC_ALL=C' (as in 'LC_ALL=C make -j2'), so there is no need to do a reinstall or change your locale settings since the only thing to do is to override that environment variable for some commands.

I have not been able to find these differences.

On svn and github versions, I used the following commands:

./update-workspaces.sh -j2 2>&1 > ~/0ad_log/logfile_git_Gallaecio_update-workspaces.txt

make -j2 2>&1 > ~/0ad_log/logfile_git_Gallaecio_make.txt

It does not have to be major difference seems to be good, but I thought I saw a few scroll 'Warning' which does not appear in the logs created with '2>&1 >' (may already be present in the official svn version, that I wanted to check). I suspect this option does not extract all of the scrolls in the terminal (which would avoid any doubts).

But come I said, the version of Gallaecio works, and that's the main thing. If there was real trouble, it will be controlled during the integration of internationalization in the trunk.

So I will stay in my previous conclusion: I'll move on ...

Edited by Loki72

Eh, another Loki :)

Thank you for the precision of the '2>&1>', I will reuse in the future to better understand what is happening (He'll have to test 'LC_ALL = C' also history to bed less stupid than standing up :shutup:).

Otherwise, the French translation is in top form these days, she just take the 4th place (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/0-ad-unofficial/), but she hopes to get on the podium this week :nod:

Edited by Loki72

Hi Gallaecio,

Now that I have a working version of your github, I started to look some thing like pictures:

binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/pregame/shell/logo/localization/gl/0ad_logo.png

binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/pregame/shell/logo/localization/gl/fundraiserlogo.png

binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/icons/mappreview/localization/gl/nopreview.png

You still have your source files, style Gimp format, like you asked about in the http://www.wildfireg...ce&fromsearch=1. In other words, non-Files "flattened" = which can edit text without losing the police, the effects ...

I also found the files:

/binaries/data/localization/fr.engine.po

/binaries/data/mods/public/localization/fr.public.po

I'll start by entering the problem of "% x", and I'm having some questions, starting with: I understand that you changed some strings directly in the game, it mean for example that if I want to disassociate the string "Lion" to give it the form:

"Lion", as it appears correctly in the file "fauna_lion.xml",

and "Lioness", whose file "fauna_lioness.xml" contains the SpecificName "Lion" (it is always the case in r13898),

1 - I must ask you to manually edit the "fauna_lioness.xml" file of your github version (in addition to a ticket on Trac, that I made since: http://trac.wildfire...com/ticket/2166), so that we find this string in the English version of Transiflex, and by extension in other languages,

2 - or we can directly duplicate the chain "Lion" in the English version, by pointing the news on:

#: simulation/templates/gaia/fauna_lioness.xml:18

msgid "Lion"

msgstr "Lioness"

Seeing the "#. (itstool) path: Identity/SpecificName", I think it would better to have a more dynamic system possible, as static entries (you must have a script to extract all the existing strings), then the solution 1 is more appropriate, but I might bother you regularly to small details like this.

Edit: I kept some strings that needed correction (errors, spelling), so I opened many tickets on Trac: http://trac.wildfire...reporter=Loki72

Gallaecio, I just saw that you were assigned to the ticket
, can you make these changes directly in the trunk ? If so, do you mind if I add in the comment something like: Thank you for assign Gallaecio ? But I'm not abuse
;) Edited by Loki72

I do not have the sources of the images yet. I’ve created Galician images for those, but they are basically horrible. As you can see, in the topic where I ask about it, I only get to know which font they use, but nothing else. I’m hoping that once the internationalization patch is in master I can get more detailed information, and hopefully write a GIMP script that autogenerates the effects when provided with a simple, two-color image (Wesnoth has a similiar thing for their new maps, and it certainly makes translator’s life much easier).

I’ve applied the Lioness change to the internationalization branch. I will review the rest of your tickets as well, and apply the to the internationalization branch too (if they fix them for Alpha 15, there should be no conflicts with this branch anyway). As in English there is such a word (lioness), I think changing the sources is the right approach here. However, it might happen in the future that two entities must have the same name in English but different name in other languages. I prefer not to deal with this until we actually have to, but it would be possible (replacing itstool with a Python script and using context for every entity PO entry, for example).

For images, I use Gimp but I do not really know. By cons, when I was developing the website my wife, I used Fireworks to its PNG. I gave him a "PNG_sources" to facilitate those that were to change each items. In Fireworks (like Gimp in my opinion), we can save this "PNG_source" so has it retains its "configuration" (tree layers, setting filters / effects ...). In this way, she had only to select text, edit, save and nothing else.

If we could find such PNG_source, we could decline in any language without asking any question. Now, for this clone 100% the official, it must pass through the designer who cares, it's clear.

On this : "... but it would be possible (replacing itstool with a Python script and using context for every entity PO entry, for example).", I dropped just thinking about it, so I'm not going to venture further.

My previous post got me thinking about the question of differences, and as said in the edit, I open tickets for errors or spelling, but abstaining from flooding Trac with other, for example: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17632entry274892. I took the liberty to ask you if you had access to official sources of SVN, because would solve the problem at the base and never reappear. Now, if you're ready to edit each diffs found, we continued like that, I'll post those secondary here, and would keep you informed at the opening of tickets.