Civilizations and more

fakeskins

Yeah, I speak a bit of Spanish and I know what it means. It also seems that in every forum I go to, there will always be one Spanish speaker who will point it out. Quite unfortunate, considering that in my native language it just means puto (a type of rice cake) with meat. Lol. I won't ever change it though, as I'm already way too attached to the name. I am from the Philippines by the way. :)

Anyway, just to be on-topic again: Basically, I am for adding a Germanic and/or a nomadic civilization (preferably Parthians or Scythians) if the game is still open to new factions. Chinese faction would be great too, of course.

Edited by putoconcarne

XD in most means other hahaha, te lo digo por que hablo el mismo idioma. Me gusta ver hispano parlantes.

In Latin Americans Puto means manles is strong. Even is a insult say to other people.

Means gigolo too. But no problem. For example in Argentina Pendejo means young, and in México and my country means fool or moron.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

yeah sounds pettry cool empires, and Hand Dynasty, that very true Asian Empires Pack. i dont know much about Japan and Korean Cultures in our game's time frame

Japan was out of time frame in Part 1, but they have the Yamato in 400 AD and so making them one of the available in the Asian Empires Pack. However the Korean history dated back in 300 BCE, where Jin Kingdom (not to confused with the Jin Empire of the Jurchens) emerge as a unified government in Korea.

But IMHO, these Asian civilization could appear in 0 AD mod because the limit of the game itself.

Edited by Mega Mania

How about some North African nations? For example the Nubians and the like. If 0-500 AD is done we can have the Rise of Islam as well with the Berbers etc. If anyone has played the Wargame Field of Glory they make it possible for anyone 3000BC-1500AD to play against one another, so why not make that possible in game?

You should go to Bronze Age mod, they have proposed to make a Nubian civilization.

Islamic Caliphate was out of time frame and the Berbers have less importance in the game itself. If you wish to see these civilization, you may like to visit the For Honor and Glory forum.

Edited by Mega Mania

• 3 weeks later...

You should go to Bronze Age mod, they have proposed to make a Nubian civilization.

Islamic Caliphate was out of time frame and the Berbers have less importance in the game itself. If you wish to see these civilization, you may like to visit the For Honor and Glory forum.

actually, the Carthaginians are Berbers ;)

the best African civilization to include (fitting into the Part 2 timeframe) are the Aksumites, who lived in what is now Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Ethiopia. another interesting one from outside the current geographic range are the Himyars, pre-Islamic Arabs who lived in what is now Yemen iirc. such a faction could also conceivably draw influence from Iram of the Pillars, the "Atlantis of the Sands" which supposedly existed during 0ad's timeframe iirc. if nothing else, Iram-styled walls and towers and perhaps a grand temple as a Wonder would word well for a pre-Islamic Arabic faction

actually, the Carthaginians are Berbers ;)

the best African civilization to include (fitting into the Part 2 timeframe) are the Aksumites, who lived in what is now Eritrea, Djibouti, and northern Ethiopia. another interesting one from outside the current geographic range are the Himyars, pre-Islamic Arabs who lived in what is now Yemen iirc. such a faction could also conceivably draw influence from Iram of the Pillars, the "Atlantis of the Sands" which supposedly existed during 0ad's timeframe iirc. if nothing else, Iram-styled walls and towers and perhaps a grand temple as a Wonder would word well for a pre-Islamic Arabic faction

Carthaginians are Canaanites! They came from Tyre in order to reject tyranny and they establish a new colony in modern day Tunisia. Carthaginian society was an ethnic conscious society, the aristocrats staunchly preserved the purity of their bloodlines in order to distinguish Carthaginian from Libyan, Numidians and other races created by intermarriage which was a means to protect their position as the ruler of Carthage.

Axumites and Himyarites are suitable for 0 AD time frame, but how much do you know about these peoples? Their military, economy, politics and their culture?

• Like 2

That's way too far from 0 AD's range.

Yes, by time line they did fit in but in case geography they didn't .

As mentioned earlier, that's a bad and arbitrary reason. I'm not saying that WFG should make a Chinese civilization in the game (however nice it may be), but if they do so as a DLC, it should not a civilization that is automatically ruled out because of geography.

I`d love to see vikings. Also any culture could fit and would benefit to the game ,diversity in gameplay and aesthetics and also variety of civilizations

w don't put "vikings" they were of 700+ AD, at least an expansion pack that covers more time, example 1000 BC 1000 AD, in this context we could put this faction, but the "Viking ship" is possible to use for the germanic faction