Hi everyone ! My introduction

Hello everyone ! My name is Itms, I'm a 19-year old French student and it's been quite a long time since I first heard of 0 A.D. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to dedicate to this game I immediately found wonderful (for French people or those who know this system, I was in classes préparatoires).

That's why now I'd like to help you testing and developing 0 A.D. : even if I still don't have all the time in the world it would be a pleasure to support you and contribute to the code from time to time. I have, let's say, intermediar knowledge of C/C++, i.e. I am really able to write quite complex programs but still don't have experience in huge projects as this one. I'd also be pretty interested in contributing to the French translations (I'm already well aware that the system is not yet implemented).

I apologize here for my English, which I'd like to brush up chatting with the community ^_^

Itms

P.S. I'd like to contact somebody to allow me submitting patches, but I don't have the permission for accessing the PM system. I guess that's because I had not yet posted on this forum, let's see what happens now.

Hi Itms (I've also seen your name passing by on trac).

Thanks for willing to devote some time to the project. The normal process to become part of the team (and get commit rights), is that you first have to submit some patches (that is, you choose a bug to work on, or find a bug yourself, and fix it). It's also important that you communicate enough with the team (via this forums, or via the 0ad-dev IRC channel on quakenet). When you know your way around the code, your patches are good, and you communicate well, someone will offer you to become part of the team.

See the wiki for more info on submitting patches, getting to know the code etc.

If you want help, guidance or comments on code, Please drop by in the IRC channel.