Ticket #1914

lars

Hi,

I am playing 0 A.D. for a couple of months and I found the ticket #1914. Currently I am using alpha 14 of the game and I can reproduce this problem.

Supposed I have built a civic center next to a metal mine which is known by the AI player, too. My units are not able to gather metal because the AI player has already sent 24 units to gather it.

This is very strange. My own units are standing directly in front of the mine and the AI player's units have to walk across the whole map but they will be favored by the game.

Even if some of the AI player's units will be killed the algorithm is so fast that it is impossible for me to get a chance for mining.

I would suggest that only units which are about to mine metal count for the limitation.

Generally I think that these limitations should only affect the real working act. If one of the five workers from a field bring their ressources to a civic center, elephant or something else another worker should be able to gather, too.

It is also strange that the units "forgot" their business. Why do they not begin to work automatically if one slot is free?

Yeah, that's the new gatherer limits, and I fully agree that it needs to be improved. Maybe you would like to comment on this discussion: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17461

I'm not sure that #1914 is gatherer limits though, it could also be the unit gives up trying to mine due to being obstructed, as would happen if there is a lot of gatherer traffic in the area (which is a bug).