New Release: Alpha 14 Naukratis, IndieGoGo Fundraiser

Mythos_Ruler

Hello! The earlier post I was typing out disappeared (ugh, backspace button, must you do that?), but anyway, first of all, I do love the new effects and secondary features, but I do have a complaint: I don't like how the spear units' stats have been modified and standardised. I don't think hoplites would be equal to Celtic warriors, and I'd like the differences between the standard units of the factions to be more than cosmetic. Hoplite battles also take seconds to finish now, and I'd prefer if they lasted a while, like before.

Javelin units are almost sitting ducks now; it's definitely an alternative to long chases, but I'd prefer if minimum distance for ranged units could be switched on/off (as a global setting perhaps).

Oh yes, and last but not least, I'm excited for the diadochi factions- thank for rolling out all these features!

• Like 1

I was wondering, if I support this project via indiegogo, is it still tax deductible?

The fact that you donated via Indiegogo doesn't affect the tax-deductibility of the donation.

(Are you eligible to the tax deduction in the first place? That is a question we cannot answer, you should consult a tax advisor to be sure.)

Hope this helps. :)

I would love to make a donation, but I don't have a credit card. Would it be possible to make a donation through paypal and get the IndieGoGo perks? (wantzzz poster and T-shirt)

I'm quite convinced I'm not the only one who will be unable to make a donation by lack of a credit card (I could also do a direct transaction by bank, but that might be more complicated)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Tried to donate via indiegogo but it wouldn't accept my card details (US only?). Would prefer to use Paypal in any case. Looked at the other options on your donations page; Flattr requires registration and charges 10% so went with Network for Good. Was rather disappointed to discover their 5% charge towards the end of the process which isn't mentioned on your donations page but went through with it anyway. Really, it should be easier than this to give away money! I nearly gave up and I wonder how many other people have? If it is possible to add Paypal to the indiegogo drive then suggest you do so asap.

Anyway, excuse the b:tching - I'm under the weather and impatient at best atm :wacko:. Best of luck with the ongoing development. :rockon:

Hi all,

Tried to donate via indiegogo but it wouldn't accept my card details (US only?). Would prefer to use Paypal in any case. Looked at the other options on your donations page; Flattr requires registration and charges 10% so went with Network for Good. Was rather disappointed to discover their 5% charge towards the end of the process which isn't mentioned on your donations page but went through with it anyway. Really, it should be easier than this to give away money! I nearly gave up and I wonder how many other people have? If it is possible to add Paypal to the indiegogo drive then suggest you do so asap.

Anyway, excuse the b:tching - I'm under the weather and impatient at best atm :wacko:. Best of luck with the ongoing development. :rockon:

All services charge some amount of money, the Indiegogo is probably where we get the highest amount, at least if we reach our goal (they lower their fee in that case), but we are grateful for all donations :) It should support all credit cards afaik, but thank you for looking at the other options nonetheless :)

Sorry to hear of your experience. Other people have also told us of similar problems. We hope to improve the experience in the future.

In the meantime I have updated the donation page to reflect your comments.

Might it be worth 0 A.D. reconsidering its position on submitting itself as an early build for feedback on Steam Greenlight? ....

http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=16476

http://www.wildfireg...showtopic=17096

http://steamcommunit...=faq#developers

If you are serious about the current funding drive you need to make a major push on all fronts available to re-gain momentum.

Just a thought. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of the game publishers just do not see Linux as a market let alone a market share so they ignore it.That may change if Steam shows a profit from their Linux client but until they see the green no change :( There are packaging concerns as there is no standard that works with all distros .deb,.rpm or an install script ala the old Loki games installer.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1