===[TASK]=== Differentiating Britons and Gauls

Mythos_Ruler

22 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Can't save checkered swirly patterns to use for helmets or home goods can you? Bronze is a fairly rare and expensive metal

Metal in general is expensive (compared to plant-base material). That does not mean warrior did not use it decoratively. I'm not saying the studs are accurate, only that the argument that they "don't do anything" has a blindspot.

Uhm.. By the way, under what circumstances is an artist free to add details that maybe historically possible, but lacks proper or direct historical basis? (for example, creating new designs that closely follow or somewhate based on the motifs/details of archaeological findings from a certain period)

Edited by wackyserious

I follow the "When you dont get complaints when you post something" rule. :P

You can ask for feedback and gather it, work on it until its done, post the results and maybe (or maybe not) one day someone new in the forums may say "this is not accurate here's the source". Then is up to you to fix it if it bugs you or let it pass if it's not very impactful.

Sometimes annoying, but its one of the side-effects of open-source developement.

Source: experience ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wackyserious said:

Here's the .psd file in case anyone wants to include additions to the unit textures. I'm a bit occupied right now, might resume editing the textures on the 2nd week of June.

WCS-Celt.psd

Good work, but can you put the different variation in different layer groups? It is confuse right now. If you do that, I can do something with the file and get some texture and actor files going.

EDIT: Nevermind, I mess with it in PS and I can see I can get a lot of good variation for texture. I see what I can do this weekend.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 1 month later...

My biggest problem with studded leather is not that it doesn't do anything, it's that it has no historical basis.

If you're going to use artistic licensing (which I heavily encourage when sources are unknown), use historically-accurate leather armor like lamellar or even linen armor over Hollywood decor.

With that said, looking at the unit with the leather armor; I can't even tell that it has studs to begin with, so that's good. :)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

And here I thought you guys already did a successful job at this task. Then break boundaries. I hope someone can do this for the Greek factions. The columns and the shield logos are too small of a detail for me to look. I'm still dependent on looking at their Civic Centers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The textures need be stay in png to save alpha channel.

you can replace in skeletal textures folder.

you need a review from official team member s to get green light to order a committing. 

yes December, there works/ contribution  have long time than that They haven't review yet.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1