===[TASK]=== Differentiating Britons and Gauls

Mythos_Ruler

Then I'll lose the mid-model activating detail

Perhaps I should have timbers sticking out underneath the wooden platform that support the floor

And I've always noticed base shields float on uneven terrain, which is exactly where players would be looking to place defense towers for that handy range bonus

Then I'll lose the mid-model activating detail

Perhaps I should have timbers sticking out underneath the wooden platform that support the floor

And I've always noticed base shields float on uneven terrain, which is exactly where players would be looking to place defense towers for that handy range bonus

Enrique could teach you how to do it, or maybe he can just do it himself, but we've recently implemented a way to make those shields at the base of the structure to conform to the terrain. :)

EDIT: Also, yeah, some cool spikey timbers might work.

lol, I'm glad to hear that! Thanks!

I know slope walls are a gallic thing, but I was wondering if the britons could get a wall differentiation atm, since the slope walls are looking like a scenario item right now rather than an in game building. (if this was at the beginning of the thread I totally missed it.)

Also, can anyone tell me how to make prop points? I need the arrows to stop coming out of the bottom of the tower

It looks weird

ah, so many edits...

I plan on putting some vertical beams between or straddling the crossbeam... nub... things sticking out atm

post-14999-0-42791400-1379101469_thumb.p

Edited by LordGood

Also, can anyone tell me how to make prop points? I need the arrows to stop coming out of the bottom of the tower

It looks weird

Prop points are called "empties" in blender

Shift+A => empty => plain axes then, you place it where you want the arrows to shoot, and rename it to prop-projectile. you have to export it with the "main" mesh but remember to parent to it before (first select empty, then select main mesh, then Ctrl+P => set parent to object) and be sure that the main mesh is your primary selection when exporting (the lighter orange selection)

On the towers there needs to be also another prop point: prop_garrisoned and that one indicates where the flag will show when the building has troops garrisoned.

Regarding the walls.... slope walls are cool, but the problem is that we don't have the ability to make units walking on the slope... so not sure how it will work if we make the gauls their custom walls, in addition, the walls would need to be much wider than the other civs because of the slope

BTW: Are you interested in modelling a new barracks for brits?

lol palisade file is not in the structural texture folder

Put some pointy sticks to brace the bottom of the tower, lowered the flag a bit

still shooting arrows from the base though

ooh, do you think we could put a slinger up there and have it shoot rocks instead of arrows? The britons seemed to be lacking a bit in the archery department anyhow

post-14999-0-18285500-1379134228_thumb.p

Edited by LordGood

I'm getting a weird lighting glitch, the normals in blender are the exact opposite as the ones exported into pyrogenesis engine

here's the beginnings of my briton barracks at any rate

Hmm that looks like the actor may have a material with more effects than the textures included in the actor. If the normals are pointing inwards, the polygon is not rendered at all. make sure the actor has player_trans.xml material at the end of the actor.

Regarding the model, it is not mandatory for all the brit buildings to be round. You can use squared features in the structure, we just need a different model to diferentiate more both civs.