for each (var ent in input.selected)
{
var cmpOwnership = Engine.QueryInterface(ent, IID_Ownership);
cmpOwnership.SetOwner(cmpPlayer.GetPlayerID());
}
break;

with

case "convertunit":
if (input.number >= cmpPlayerManager.GetNumPlayers())
return;
var playerEnt = cmpPlayerManager.GetPlayerByID(input.number);
if (playerEnt == INVALID_ENTITY)
{
var playerID = cmpPlayer.GetPlayerID();
}
else {
var playerID = input.number;
}
for each (var ent in input.selected)
{
var cmpOwnership = Engine.QueryInterface(ent, IID_Ownership);
cmpOwnership.SetOwner(playerID);
}
break;

so that you can also convert units to other players with the wololo cheat.

Edited by idanwin

It might also be a good idea to add a defaultnumber to the data/cheats/convertUnit.json file

wololo command is possibly to do a kind of convertion if is used with button instead a input?

Working on it :-p not sure how someone like me could be able to pull it off, but I'll give it try.

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 1

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to have priests converting units :-p (yep, just implemented it! The AI is not using it though :-( )

This is how I did it:

I added a new attack type called convert that does no damage and changes the unit ownership (all in Attack.js), when a unit has the attack type 'convert' this unit will be able to use a convert attack on enemy units. I got no clue how to give the user a button to control this though ...

EDIT:

The enemy is not using it because healers are passive, aggressive units with the attack will be used by the AI without problem.

EDIT2:

If you want to test it or fiddle with it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7tfb3d4bdg6fze4/bronze_(0.1.1_-_converting_healers).7z

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 1

Hmm... Some times like do a tech to unlock abilities or attacks haha, one thing I can evade is the argument about priest rush. And no all civilization were religious fanatic or they give some importance for live after dead.

This why the math formula. The timer I like but in age of empires I the Assyrian do a foursome priest rush, that are in our minds in present days XD.

on the Trac ticket about converrsion and capturing, I also included a patch for timer based conversion. But it's no good yet. Btw, you really want to work with Trac, as forum posts get lost in the stream. And Trac is clever enough to show all changes on top of the current code, so we see immediately what you do.

• Like 1

Some comments on the archive:

• You shouldn't need to supply Cheats.js (or cheats.json) as the Cheats.js in svn should pick up the json files in cheats/.
  • You have the modified Heal.js in there (which is just Convert.js before renaming).
  • Convert.js isn't actually used as you hacked that onto Attack.js (which is ugly IMO, but if you just want the AI to use the feature it is probably the easiest way) (The proper way would be to add a new component (similar to the Convert.js you added) add a new command to Commands.js (and call that from the gui) and add some new state to UnitAI)

Some comments on the archive:

• You shouldn't need to supply Cheats.js (or cheats.json) as the Cheats.js in svn should pick up the json files in cheats/.
  • You have the modified Heal.js in there (which is just Convert.js before renaming).
  • Convert.js isn't actually used as you hacked that onto Attack.js (which is ugly IMO, but if you just want the AI to use the feature it is probably the easiest way) (The proper way would be to add a new component (similar to the Convert.js you added) add a new command to Commands.js (and call that from the gui) and add some new state to UnitAI)

• Thank you, I hadn't noticed the cheats.json had been split up in the meantime.
  • I didn't know what file I had to edit for Convert.js to work (apparently Commands.js, thx) so I replaced Heal to test it and forgot to remove it afterwards...

on the Trac ticket about converrsion and capturing, I also included a patch for timer based conversion. But it's no good yet. Btw, you really want to work with Trac, as forum posts get lost in the stream. And Trac is clever enough to show all changes on top of the current code, so we see immediately what you do.

I'll try to understand how to work with it

That is handled in gui/session/input.js. The relevant places are line 333 (checking if the action (convert in this case) is possible (done when hovering the unit)), line 532 (calling the first and what priority the action should have (eg if a unit can both heal and attack what should be done (bad example, but you should get the point))) and line 1350 (sending the command to the simulation (different script contexts, so you need some way to pass the data between those (with PostNetworkCommand being GUI->simulation and GuiInterfaceCalls mostly being simulation->GUI (as in GuiInterfaceCalls shouldn't change the simulation state (the sychronized state that is), setting the display of rallypoints would be an example)); this will result in calling ProcessCommand() in Commands.js which will then handle it on the simulation side).