Scheduled Forum Down Time

Wijitmaker

We are scheduling the forum to be down (possibly twice) sometime in the next 1-2 weeks. The goals are:

We thank you for your patience and are excited for the presentation of 'new and improved' forums.More details of exact times for this downtime will be posted once we are more certain of when exactly these 2 phases will be initiated.
    ~Jason

Yes, we will hopefully be able to keep all the posts from all the forum. Not sure about the down time... the entire process might take 48 hours, but really we aren't sure (haven't done this before).

Some information will be lost such as the mods that Tim made to the forums (currency and reputation). The only things we are able to save are the catagories, forums, topics, posts, users, and private messeges. Everything else will be lost or redone.

Hmm, even though it may look slightly strange - I'm not the one to get crazily happy about the merger. It means that there will be even more new posts and topics every day, and I will have to read them all if I use the "View New Posts" feature - and since I acutally sometimes hardly manage to read all the new posts in the 0ad forums on weekdays, I'm not too happy with the new situation. But we'll see how things develop :D

Probably the downtime will make me start to do real work for the game again for a change; the most I've done in the last week was attending the meeting and reading over the GUI code one time, noticing that there are some errors I don't know how to fix :)