===[COMMITTED]=== Wolf

Micket

• 2 weeks later...

Salute.

I tried to use the information provided by Wijitmaker to make a new run animation (by the way thanks for this information, Wijitmaker). I'm sorry that it looks a bit ugly, but it shows the idea:

1395070372-newrun.gif

I would like to ask for advice. Should I work with this, or just make previous one smooth and less robotic?

• Like 1

Salute.

Thanks.

Enrique. Completed walk, run, death 01, death 02, idle 01, idle 02, attack 01. Some work left with attack 02. Do I need to post images for review before uploading daes?

RoekeloosNL. I changed it a bit.

WhiteTreePaladin. I'll upload .blend files for finished animations.

Lapuente. No, it isn't. It's still work in progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Salute.

Sorry for delay. I see there is not much interest in images. Then just "short" description:

The only thing I changed in the original rig is that I parented tail bone to the main bone. I hope it won't cause a problem.

Attack, death animations are different from previous. So let me know if previous animations were better. Sleeping idle without a change. It looks like I need to try more to make a better one. Sleeping pose about 5 seconds. Let me know if it should be longer. I can increase duration of idle 2 and 3 if needed. I followed export tutorial by Enrique. But I'm not sure I did all right.

I'll upload blender files if everything correct.

wolf_pack.zip

• Like 1

Hey Strannik,

Sorry I missed somehow your previous post. I'll take a look to the files soon when I get home and give you specific feedback :)

EDIT: Its always better to post blend files sice exporting animations is fairly quick and is easier to check them in blender before exporting to .dae and setting them up in.the wolf actor

• Like 1

I just took a look at them and wow. Top-notch animations Strannik, really good stuff.

And you pulled them off without any IK setup or fancy stuff. Since the animations are all done with forward kinematics setup, I think there's not need to bake all frames, which means smaller animation files (I have to test it first though)

You may already know this, but I'll mention it anyway. You can store several actions for the same armature using the actor editor. This way you can have all the animations in the same blender file, which can be handy if you need to reuse any pose, make small animation variations or just to have everything more organized. I made a short video of how it works (you can append the different actions from the different blender files you attached into the same blender file too)

• Like 2

Salute.

Enrique. Thanks for a video. I think I can do this if you think it'll be more useful.

While I'm waiting for decision on what needs to be changed, I'll try to make a better version of idle01 (sleeping). As I think it needs attention the most.

Hephaestion. I'm quite sure that I'm not a hidden agent.

Salute.

Enrique. Thanks for a video. I think I can do this if you think it'll be more useful.

While I'm waiting for decision on what needs to be changed, I'll try to make a better version of idle01 (sleeping). As I think it needs attention the most.

Hephaestion. I'm quite sure that I'm not a hidden agent.

No problem, Just pointing it out in case you didn't know and you think it may be useful for your workflow. I'll append all of the animations into one blender file to upload it to the public art repo, so it's more organized in one file, but if you're more comfortable working in different blend files is OK too.

All of them look great and game-ready.

If you're not happy with idle01, feel free to change it and upload the finished file, I'll get it in-game.

• Like 1

Salute.

Just pointing it out in case you didn't know and you think it may be useful for your workflow.

Oh. It looks like I misunderstood your previous post a bit. My apologies.

I didn't expect that everything will be accepted. The main problem with sleeping animation is laying pose. When I try to make it look like actual wolf it leads to bad mesh deformations. An obstacle I don't know how to overcome. I think that idle01 is the weakest of them all but still can't make anything better.

Do you need me to create additional variations or this is enough for the wolf set?

• Like 1

It's more than enough. I've been thinking if these animations with the same armature could be reused for a new dog mesh/meshes for britons... we'll see.

I hadn't much free time lately, but I'll take care of creating the skeleton.xml for the wolf and commit your animations.

Good work once again ;)

Feel free to jump into other animal's animations if you're in the mood. Like the Zebu for the Ox cart for example *wink* *wink* Although I think IK setups for legs and tail would make the animating process much easier for your end. I can help you to set them if you need it (it's quite easy actually and saves lots of time)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...