===[COMMITTED]=== Wolf

Micket

The animations generally look alright, but you definitely need to make them feel more organic: on the idle one the head alone moves in the end, on the attack one the back of the body doesn't move at all. I know you've said they were concepts, so you're probably aware of this, but I just want to make sure.

• Like 2

Salute.

Sorry for not updating for a long time. I made several attempts to remake walk cycle without much success. So I decided to leave it for some time and concentrate on other animations. I'll come back to walk animation a bit later.

Attack animation: added missing tail animation, landing amortization, moved body a bit forward when landing (so it shouldn't look like the whole body is rotating around the back part).

1390407942-wolf-attack.gif

Wraitii. I'll do my best.

• Like 1

Salute.

I resumed my work on the walk animation. I hope to finish it tomorrow.

Idanwin. It was moving. But more like a wooden plank nailed to the wolf's back.

Stanislas69. As far as I know there is no wolf texture. So I'm not sure how the wolf will look like in the game without a texture. And animations are still quite bad. But I can try if you think it's worth a try.

And I thank you all for your support.

Salute.

Enrique. This one looks great. I hope you don't mind if I use it.

Walk cycle: reworked leg movement (it should be smooth now). I'll experiment with the tail, neck and head movement to make it better.

1390666444-wolf-walk-cycle.gif

It's a bit faster then it is in Blender.

If you think that something is bad or wrong with animations, than let me know and I'll try to fix it.

It looks better indeed. I don't know if you animate using poses in the action editor, or using IPO curves, but using the later you can remove the "ease in/ease out" that blender makes between poses. Removing them helps you to make the cycle seamless in terms of acceleration of movements.

If you use poses in the action editor, you can remove the "ease in/out" motion using the previous pose of the "starting/end pose" before the start, and the next pose after the ending pose. This image should explain it better:

(white line and light grey represents the length of the actual animation)

post-13528-0-33106900-1390931879_thumb.j

• Like 1

Salute.

I tried to duplicate right blue to the left position and left green to the right (if I understood your picture). But I couldn't spot any difference. Maybe I did something wrong.

I'll try to learn curve editing. Thanks for advice.

Edited by Strannik

In my opinion it's still too static. I can only encourage you to try to make as many "intuitive" movements as you can, nothing should really stay static, even if it's just to slightly rotate it.

For example the head should sway a bit too.

You might also want to create some variations.

• Like 1

Cool reference along the video. The best one imo is 1:10 - 1:19

If you want a very cool tip.... if you're able to download the video as .flv and extract the portion that you want, you can use it as background "image", and blender will cycle between the video frames when you move the timeline. You can pull off very realistic animations that way ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...