Not strictly a bug report but...

chaosislife

Has anyone else noticed units having difficulty with gates lately? Mine seem to not know where the gate is half the time, on my last game I had the entire wall full of gates, and my units specifically walked AROUND the one directly in front of them to get to one a few gates to the left. Err, SVN natch.

Edited by chaosislife

Did you toggle gate open-close after you've given the command?

Normally, units would search a long path, and stick to that. So if you order a move, while some gates are closed, they are sent via an other gate, no matter what you do with the closest gate. At least this is how I believe it's handled.

Has anyone else noticed units having difficulty with gates lately? Mine seem to not know where the gate is half the time, on my last game I had the entire wall full of gates, and my units specifically walked AROUND the one directly in front of them to get to one a few gates to the left. Err, SVN natch.

Can you confirm it's a regression from A13?

The last night, I noticed when units march in group one of them don't find correct way to outside of Palisade and continuosly he changes his path, like if he was drunken, but in the 4th attempt, try-on this soldier can group with the others, that is because the units try to march together. But was weird.

I don't play the alphas so I can't really tell you. If I knew of a way to use the svn patches with the alpha builds so I could Easily put my chaos units in I'd give it a shot.......I hate dying every few minutes....

Edit: since the latest update requires a rebuild, and I'm a slacker with time to kill, I'm in the process of putting my units in mod form for the alpha build. I'll let yall know what I find out.

Edit 2: I found out that they don't work with the older alpha.

Edited by chaosislife