===[TASK]=== Gorilla

Micket

Gorillas? What you need that for!? (joking)

It is awesome. And what if scenarios and maps (or just for fun) are nice. Let's conqueror central Africa!

That got me thinking, it would be cool if there were non-playable tribes that are stuck in the village phase for scenarios. If somebody would like to be making that and if there's not more important stuff.

I demand you make pygmy people now! (of course a joke, but I would like it)

I don't think the texture looks crude. I like the gorilla.

No i didn't even fetch any good references and didn't color match it. It was a 3 minute hack-job. I'm sure Enrique will do it properly, gorillas shouldn't be hard.

Well I ment it wasn't that bad.

But yeah to do your model justice it should be a real gorilla with a nice silver back.

• 2 years later...

Hi there! So I take part in this texturing, here is my WIP for now:

preview_01.thumb.jpg.8c776758660c2e0b3b8

You can see on the left the texture in its HD version and a 3d preview of it. The 3 screenshots on the right are the final size texture.

Now I have to blend the different images and balance the color and darkness of it!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Leyto: Oh fine, these models are interesting. I hope you'll eventually work on the textures of animals on european biomes too. I say that because most of the available factions are from Europe, and Mediterranean area. But it is also an "interested" comment, as I am creating Mediterranean islands maps. More goats and rabbits than gorillas and cobras there ;). Anyway, it is just a personal comment. The most important thing is that you should have some fun while doing your textures. Keep going with good work!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leyto, much to our regret, I have to inform you that those are copyrighted image sources that can't be used in textures in 0AD.

We only can use images that are licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 or less restrictive licenses. I know it's tricky, but it's the only way if we want to ship the game without getting into legal issues.

wikimedia commons is a good source to search for textures with this kind of licenses.

Also sites like texturemate.com  episcura.com and any site that you can safely know the license under the image is published to be able to know if it can be used or not.

Also if you use any CC-BY-SA 3.0 images, please let us know to credit the author

• Like 1

Note that Google also has a switch to search for "images labeled for reuse with modification", which gives mostly CC-BY-SA licensed images (though you need to check the original page to see the exact license, and get the correct credits).

See https://www.google.be/search?tbm=isch&q=gorilla&tbs=imgo:1&gws_rd=cr&ei=w4k9V-jTBoOZaKrnqGA#q=gorilla&tbs=imgo:1,sur:fmc&tbm=isch&imgrc=_ as example.

• Like 2