My Online Game Creation Class;; Regarding TLA

beau

My Professor told me to look around for a MMO, RPG or some other form of online game scripting and creation to build as a 2 year assignment (length of class for professional) to Graduate our class.

I talked to Leper and he said i should post a topic on the forums.

So here i am, Wondering if my Online Game Scripting and Creation class can take over TLA and get the process and Development of TLA Started.

What are we learning about?

-3d Animation, 2D Animation,

- Art

- gameplay modifications

- c++ Programming

- and much more.

-

Time we can invest:

We are looking at 30 hours a week over the course of 2 years. 120 hours a month.

It would be a great experience and it will help release this amazing concept.

Thank you.

- Beau

Edited by beau

Sounds like a great prospect, and we really welcome contributions to the Pyrogenesis engine that 0 A.D. could benefit from...

...except for the LOTR theme. I really strongly suggest you choose some other idea for a topic. Keep in mind that the people who own the rights to LOTR are especially quick to use legal action against all sorts of LOTR fan initiatives like this.

We cannot help you with modding 0 A.D. or the Pyrogenesis engine if there are any copyright infringements involved. If you go that way, you're on your own.

A generic fantasy theme is fine, or a game about modern history or whatever. You can also choose a literary work in the public domain, like anything on Project Gutenberg. We can definitely work with that.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

• Like 1

good source to found inspiration fantasy, you can do futuristic. Fantasy Mithology like cultural and historic. Even Leonardo Da Vinci world like RoN. Or many your imagination.

You can do like Warcraft or Zelda trying to do similar monster but is not LoftR. You can do stories based in history with fantasy think Hercules against a electronical machine, or Leonids vrs the Demons, or aArcangel vrs a mummy.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Sounds like a great prospect, and we really welcome contributions to the Pyrogenesis engine that 0 A.D. could benefit from...

...except for the LOTR theme. I really strongly suggest you choose some other idea for a topic. Keep in mind that the people who own the rights to LOTR are especially quick to use legal action against all sorts of LOTR fan initiatives like this.

We cannot help you with modding 0 A.D. or the Pyrogenesis engine if there are any copyright infringements involved.

Agree we can't infringe copyright, and agree there are probably some movie studios who wouldn't hesitate to sue their own customers for a quick buck. BUT, there are fair use exceptions to copyright. Something like fan fiction, for example, would be an example of fair use. Satirizing or commenting on LOTR is fair use. Non-commercial, transformative use of a character from LOTR in this game would be fair use.

Of course if the studios decide to make fraudulent copyright claims, which happens often, we're just as screwed as if we were actual copyright infringers, and we don't have the means to defend ourselves. So for now I wouldn't take the risk of asserting our fair use rights, unless it was essential to the game.