Game Crash Problem

TrinityDeath

Hi, guys.

I got a wired game crash problem with ubuntu.

what's the different between the developer packages and the release package for play?

I have been using the university lab to play 0ad, it works fine with the release package.

The one I use "sudo apt-get install 0ad" to install. and when i ran, i ran with 0ad straight away. and this works totally fine to me.

But, when i ran with the developer package. the game always crashes after a very very short time, roughly 1 minute or less.

when it crashes, my screen just keep flashing every 10 seconds. and nothing is moving.

this really confuses me, what's the differences between the developer package and the release package?

anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Need more info, like error messages you receive or output from the terminal. Running the game windowed instead of fullscreen might help with finding the error. If it's really a crash, you should be able to break into GDB and then use the "t a a bt full" command to get the call stack (the most useful info for us).