Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

49 minutes ago, Mr.lie said:

Sorry for the mistake In the film's opening credits, it should be "gifts" and not "presents" ...:sorry:

Great video, I noticed (at the end of the video) the fog is not applied if the sky is the background, making the difference between a far away mountain and the bottom sky texture ugly, maybe it could be fixed with some kind of gradien for the edges of the sky, some ideas  ?@vladislavbelov

Edited by nani

20 hours ago, nani said:

I noticed (at the end of the video) the fog is not applied if the sky is the background, making the difference between a far away mountain and the bottom sky texture ugly, maybe it could be fixed with some kind of gradien for the edges of the sky, some ideas  ?

Any solution with a gradient on skyboxes will have such artifacts (just for different angles), because fog calculated by distance, the sky is at a far fixed distance. So fog should be calculated by distance and height.

I have a solution for that but it requires to adjust fog settings for all maps.

ENsH7_GXkAIKUe4?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

Any solution with a gradient on skyboxes will have such artifacts (just for different angles), because fog calculated by distance, the sky is at a far fixed distance. So fog should be calculated by distance and height.

I have a solution for that but it requires to adjust fog settings for all maps.

ENsH7_GXkAIKUe4?format=jpg&name=large

I like this one, I remember you showing it some time ago on IRC is it just alpha planes or does it need some new GL version for the effect?

20 hours ago, nani said:

I like this one, I remember you showing it some time ago on IRC is it just alpha planes or does it need some new GL version for the effect?

It doesn't use alpha planes, it roughly approximates light scattering. And it doesn't require new GL version.

17 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Just apply a default to all, then adjust those few by hand that need it.

It doesn't work in that case, because fog hides details. Different maps have different heights and you have to be sure that you're able to see details on each map.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...