Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

13 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well it wasn't that bad before you changed the colors :P

The colors are for gameplay purposes. EA's colors are too muted. :P 

13 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Moreover it seems like the other variations are the same meshes remapped ?

I agree, you're probably right. I could just remove the solid color variations. (y) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The colors are for gameplay purposes. EA's colors are too muted. :P

These are a bit glaring though. Maybe increase the saturation from EA just enough to make them pop out, but no more. Sort of find the balance between gameplay needs and aesthetic needs.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 11:16 AM, Stan` said:

Maybe. Those animals are very rare and very unlikely to survive in the wild due to their colors. Also I can't figure wether they are a recent creation or not. It says introduced by settlers in india, but that could be any time ^^

White peacocks are almost always the result of leucism. And since it's a recessive gene, there is like no chance of encountering one of these in the wild. A random mutation will surely get killed, and even if not, will probably not pass on the gene.

Leucism almost always occurs in captivity, so, i would assume recent.

1/100 is still too frequent. 0/100 is preferable in my point of view to be honest.

(this is regarding that peacock discussion from last month btw)

Edited by smiley

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, myou5e said:

If we simply took down the walls and just used the roofs, we could re-use those huts for Pacific Island civs :-)

Very violent, I am in favor of Polynesians having their own huts! :LOL:
(if you have any ideas formed for a mod, I can help you with 3D).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Very violent, I am in favor of Polynesians having their own huts! :LOL:
(if you have any ideas formed for a mod, I can help you with 3D).

That could be extremely helpful! Thanks for the offer! I've written a little bit about this on Github.

Here is the description for the features mod that will be used for the other mods I make:

Ars Bellica (features mod)

Here is a list of some regional ideas I had.
Civ Ideas

I will summarize some things here, especially since you offered to help with the art :-). The idea with these is that they will most likely BLOCK the other civs, and just have them play with each other, they can be more  balanced this way and the game will have a more focused atmosphere and time setting.

• Baltic Tribes(Thracians, Dacians, Scordisci, and their fights with Romans etc)
  • Eastern Tribes. Most likely Pre-Qin period, before the unification of China(around 250BC). Will include various tribes from around China and a few Chinese states as well. Donghu, Yuezhi, Xiongnu, Rong, Di, etc.
  • Germania. Named after Tacitus' Germania. Various Germanic tribes.
  • Steppe Wars. Various Steppe peoples. Lots of Horse Archers fighting against established empires.
  • Bactria. Indo Greek and Steppe people fighting against the Indians(Shunga)
  • Pacific Islanders. They didn't have huge empires, but they would still be fun and the scenery could look amazing. I am from New Zealand and this is partly why I want to see this :-)

Also, some animations, since you said you can do 3D:

• Push back animations. For when a unit get's hit by a catapult :-)
  • Surrender animations. For when a unit is captured. They should raise their hands above their head.
  • Crouch animations, for hiding behind the battlements and peaking out to shoot their bows.
  • Wounded animations. When a unit goes below 10% health, they start writhing on the ground in pain or get knocked out. They can't fight but they can be revived :-)
  • Impact or dodge animations. For when a unit gets hit by a weapon, you can see it visually affect them.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Trinketos said:

Tupis?

Yes, Amazonian Tupis. I am reworking them including structures like artificial cisterns and artificial village island.

7 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

Nice.

What is the emblem?

It is a pattern of graphics of Santarém ceramics, something temporary just to differentiate them from non-Amazonians.

• Like 2

The Ocas (housing) look pretty cool and realistic.

I wonder if we could add come interesting mechanic for them reflecting their nomad nature or the harmony with the environment.

I don't think it's possible with the current mechanics but would be nice to add a tech (by default or researched) that makes edible flora spawn near certain buildings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta).

An alternative would be making this tech buff farm efficiency significantly so they would be a spam based civ to counter the lack of advanced technology (depends on what meta they are placed on).

Other ideas:
- Make them lack territory roots and be able to build anywhere, they would still require houses, farmsteads, etc tho.
- Allow training from houses
- Make terra preta default but with increasing bonus at each phase, e.g. (+50% p1, +50% p2, +50%p3)

On the other hand their combat prowess would be significantly worse than other factions, they would excel in spamming units and dealing attrition damage while also having bonuses so the eco impact would be negligible. This would reflect the guerilla nature of their history in Brazil, they would frequently ambush small settlements and travelers.

Granted, it would be very hard to balance this civilization but I think it would be awesome to have something like this with such a particular mechanic.

The biggest issue to figure out is how they would destroy buildings.

Edited by badosu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, badosu said:

The Ocas (housing) look pretty cool and realistic.

I wonder if we could add come interesting mechanic for them reflecting their nomad nature or the harmony with the environment.

I don't think it's possible with the current mechanics but would be nice to add a tech (by default or researched) that makes edible flora spawn near certain buildings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta).

An alternative would be making this tech buff farm efficiency significantly so they would be a spam based civ to counter the lack of advanced technology (depends on what meta they are placed on).

Other ideas:
- Make them lack territory roots and be able to build anywhere, they would still require houses, farmsteads, etc tho.
- Allow training from houses
- Make terra preta default but with increasing bonus at each phase, e.g. (+50% p1, +50% p2, +50%p3)

On the other hand their combat prowess would be significantly worse than other factions, they would excel in spamming units and dealing attrition damage while also having bonuses so the eco impact would be negligible. This would reflect the guerilla nature of their history in Brazil, they would frequently ambush small settlements and travelers.

Granted, it would be very hard to balance this civilization but I think it would be awesome to have something like this with such a particular mechanic.

The biggest issue to figure out is how they would destroy buildings.

I'm glad you liked the buildings, there are still many props missing, but the idea is to be as faithful as possible. The gameplay ideas are good, but not for "" Tupis Amazonicos "", this distinction was made with the purpose of separating them from what Europeans found on the coast of Brazil. My proposal here is to show the "" tupis "" and other peoples who lived in the Amazon region in a similar way, but speaking of other linguistic changes.
As we know, there were large villages there, many of them with sedentary characteristics, each with their own heads, however, with those chefs submitted to a larger chef. I have read a lot about the ancient Amazon and the recent archaeological discoveries, things that were not really expected by the general public, such as geoglyphs, villages on artificial islands, large water wells or dikes for fish farming, exquisite ceramics, etc. I want to create something based, for example, on Omaguas (Cambebas), it would be something impactful if you play with the Tupi of the Amazon and come face to face with natives dressed in rsrs with structures the dimensions of the discoveries at the archaeological site of Kuhikugu.

This civ. is being thought for when finished it fits in the "pre-colonial" mod of Trinkentos, however I will leave a separate civ mod for those who want to play in the 0ad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A grid of my doubts today is a good name for them, "Tupi" is the name of the liguistica family, not a people in itself, by the way, nor does it have much meaning since the tribes that speak the Caribbean and Arawak languages in the region often they had societies more similar to these "" tupis da amazônia "" than, for example, the tupinambas and tupiniquis of the coast, "Peoples of the Amazon" it is even worse to call the Gauls "peoples of France". We have names of specific tribes, but there will be many generalizations, as in the siege war (archers with burning arrows, bonfires with peppers and siege fences) and in the men's house (barracks). I have many ideas about this, but I'm not a good researcher, if you are interested I can open a topic for ideas about this civ.

Edited by Lopess

• 2 weeks later...

A first try converting the famous map "Sahyadri_Buttes" to a random script ...

sahadry.thumb.png.abffe1e723d4716fff507a9944124118.png

sahadry1.thumb.png.96d50acd15671a5a1ea8d93a859236fa.png

sahadry2.thumb.png.ee14e923b8d883b53a90cc4622cb8b33.png

sahadry3.thumb.png.c469800471cad156a734e2f366ba5c6c.png

sahadry4.thumb.png.3faf0d8e37301ffd91ced43ed7525812.png

It's difficult to position the CC's on an plane point without flatten the area per painter or heightplacer ...B)

Btw: the problem with the "red" water is still alive ...

sahadry_red_water.thumb.png.e553ffdc5b48eacc7de5f13d713d920b.png

Edited by Mr.lie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1