Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

26 minutes ago, nani said:

Bad weather, tornado? Nice work! looks pretty realistic, another thing I would add is a "circle" of fallen leaves around each tree (maybe an actor with transparency?).

There's a decal under each tree (something like dirt) it's not very noticeable but enough to help add more blend into the terrain. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nani said:

just learnt this is called fata morgana. 

Weren't you talking about heat haze. This one seems to be different from that.

Edited by Guest

On 5/11/2019 at 2:10 AM, (-_-) said:

Weren't you talking about heat haze. This one seems to be different from that.

They're related phenomena, along with mirages, where layers of different temperature air refract light to give neat trippy visual effects. ;) 

Work on my Palmyra map continues. :)

screenshot0090.jpg

Can anyone tell that I like the desert art set? Anyway, the map has a trade route down the middle of it with 6 capturable desert trading posts along it. The map also has a number of fruiting Date Palm groves ripe for the picking, along with some open sandy areas and craggy cliffs. (y) This is one of two small oases on the map, long with this guy previously posted... :)

screenshot0070.thumb.jpg.79bfdbaa6b5600afe9758f426476b64d.jpg

Each player will have 2 nearby stone quarries, like this one, right outside their starting territories:

screenshot0074.thumb.jpg.d387e12265fd91c785ebdd43740ebf28.jpg

Anyone want to model the Palmyran Temple of Bel for me? lol

ancientmikdashbel.JPG

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 6

I wonder if something like a heat haze is difficult to implement. The concept is pretty simple. I doubt it would be hard for anyone already familiar with glsl or the like.

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

They're related phenomena, along with mirages, where layers of different temperature air refract light to give neat trippy visual effects. ;) 

Work on my Palmyra map continues. :)

screenshot0090.jpg

Can anyone tell that I like the desert art set? Anyway, the map has a trade route down the middle of it with 6 capturable desert trading posts along it. The map also has a number of fruiting Date Palm groves ripe for the picking, along with some open sandy areas and craggy cliffs. (y) This is one of two small oases on the map, long with this guy previously posted... :)

screenshot0070.thumb.jpg.79bfdbaa6b5600afe9758f426476b64d.jpg

have raiders? bandits..etc?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LordGood said:
Spoiler

screenshot0090.jpg

for me one of the main problems of the "Livestream Pro Game Series" is that we don't have these nice graphics from @LordGood and @Stan` and all the other Graphics Developers in the live stream of @HMS-Surprise @Feldfeld @Unknown_Player and @psypherium (Alistair). Is that maybe a problem of performance with large unit amounts in game? Or is it simply a lack of good graphics card? For promoting this game this is a very sad showing off the game if we only focus on skill and tactics but the leave the ambient feeling of the graphics side behind. Maybe we can fix that somehow? If the performance is the problem I guess we have to wait for the multithread pathfinding at least. I hope there is a progress coming. Btw is there finally a graphics computing thread in progress? Or this nice new @aeonios graphics patch around @vladislavbelov? Because for the ambient feeling this is very sad if were are not gaining that.

Btw the stream and the gameplay and the commentary else was really nice! Thx to everyone at that point! ( @borg- @nani @elexis @Boudica for acknowledge and all the other )

Here is the last Stream link for a quick look:

• Like 4

Finishing the OGL 4 branch would be way better. OGL 2 lacks critical features. But the collected data shows 20% still use 2. I suspect this value is far from reality though.

Well the issue is that Mainland and Anatolian Plateau aren't exactly the prettiest maps... 

8 minutes ago, ffffffff said:

Or this nice new @aeonios graphics patch around @vladislavbelov

I don't think this will be committed, I haven't seen @aeonios around for a while now.

1 minute ago, (-_-) said:

Finishing the OGL 4 branch would be way better. OGL 2 lacks critical features. But the collected data shows 20% still use 2. I suspect this value is far from reality though.

Well if that 20% are Linux users maybe not. I believe Mesa doesn't support high GL versions...

10 minutes ago, ffffffff said:

Btw the stream and the gameplay and the commentary else was really nice! Thx to everyone at that point! ( @borg- @nani @elexis @Boudica for acknowledge and all the other )

Cheers Mates, thanks for keeping the community alive ! @feneur Maybe we should post those on twitter + facebook on Sundays mornings to get more people to watch them...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

Imho versions older than, lets say, X (eg 10 years) should be just left behind. It doesn't make sense to have a game in alpha stage and already giving legacy support.

(People who lack the new GL features still can play older version of the game)

Edited by nani
  • Like 1