Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Carthage has 950 units at this time and can’t spam more due to pop cap. It’s teamate Persia has around 400 but since both are aggressive it keeps sending attacking forces by the 30’s per ship. 

I think the AI needs to be programmed not to spam more units if their target attacking pop is not dispatched. 

I tried to eliminate all those units stuck by attacking but they are too strong. I need to cheat to get it back to fluid game again. 

I think there needs to be done on water maps too, by making water maps with wide beaches and passageways so units like ships won’t be crowded. 

4 hours ago, Servo said:

The Carthage has 950 units at this time and can’t spam more due to pop cap. It’s teamate Persia has around 400 but since both are aggressive it keeps sending attacking forces by the 30’s per ship. 

I think the AI needs to be programmed not to spam more units if their target attacking pop is not dispatched. 

I tried to eliminate all those units stuck by attacking but they are too strong. I need to cheat to get it back to fluid game again. 

I think there needs to be done on water maps too, by making water maps with wide beaches and passageways so units like ships won’t be crowded. 

Well, maybe people shouldn't play with over 200 population limit on small/water maps? Because that seems like it will cause issues regardless of how optimized the game is or what the AI is adapted to :P I guess there is a value in testing with insane numbers though as it might make it easier to find issues which are common in those cases but rarer with lower pop limits.

• Like 1

A besieged Spartan enclave trying to protect the Walrus, Muskox and chicken from extinction.

Leonidas is very uncomfortable with his unbalanced Phalanx formation. His left flank which is very vulnerable to the well supplied Persian forces can only muster 9 rows. While his right flank having 10 rows are only sporadically attacked by minimal Carthage forces. His generals could hardly solve this imbalance, adding more Spartiates will just increase the depth and Leonidas still remains in the 11th row. Some of his generals are recommending to have 21 rows so that it could become balance and Leonidas can become comfortable.

screenshot0094.png

screenshot0095.png

• Like 2

Progress;

First screenshot was posted on Wed 28th January 2004. And quite likely the first screenshot posted ever. The second one is a bad recreation done today.

(and yes, I suck at using Atlas)

Spoiler

first_ever.jpeg.0b8f47382ec47f8924e141420c771f62.jpeg

recreation.png.9bb83f93c4fddbcfd91d81fa6f04cb03.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...