Your 0 A.D. Screenshots

dolomiti

Rebuilt on an island after the sack by Nebuchadnezzar's army, Tyre flourished as the prime Phoenician city-state, ruling the waves, and setting up colonies as far as North Africa. Alexander's armies laid siege in 332 BCE by connecting the island to the mainland via an earthen causeway so that his army and siege towers could reach the rich treasuries within the palaces and temple complexes throughout the city.

post-13235-0-68268200-1398659831_thumb.p

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

Rebuilt on an island after the sack by Nebuchadnezzar's army, Tyre flourished as the prime Phoenician city-state, ruling the waves, and setting up colonies as far as North Africa. Alexander's armies laid siege in 332 BCE by connecting the island to the mainland via an earthen causeway so that his army and siege towers could reach the rich treasuries within the palaces and temple complexes throughout the city.

This.

This one looks really sweet. If we ever have campaigns in the game, the cities should look like this. Very nice work.

You should add a little bit of post processing effects and some more details along the coast and enable waves and that's a really nice promotional screen shot :P

• Sad 1

Thanks! Will definitely add waves etc.; how do you go about the post processing effects?

For Windows users who have installed the Alpha release, to enable high quality graphics, navigate to Users\<user>\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha\binaries\data\config. Create a text file named local.cfg. Any lines added to this file will overwrite the lines from default.cfg. Copy/paste the following lines to local.cfg, save, then restart the game.

; System settings:

waternormals = true

waterbinormals = true

waterrealdepth = true

waterfoam = true

watercoastalwaves = true

waterrefraction = true

waterreflection = true

watershadows = true

postproc = true

; Quality level of shader effects (set to 10 to display effects)

materialmgr.quality = 10

; Prefer GLSL shaders over ARB shaders (not recommended). REQUIRES gentangents=true.

preferglsl = true

; Experimental probably-non-working GPU skinning support; requires preferglsl; use at own risk

gpuskinning = true

; Generate tangents for normal and parallax mapping. REQUIRES preferglsl=true. Incompatible with gpuskinning.

gentangents = true

; Use smooth LOS interpolation; REQUIRES preferglsl=true.

smoothlos = true

Enrique: you should leave smoothlos and gpuskinning to false. (the first looks ugly, the second doesn't add anything, and wasn't fully stable I thought) and others are true by default.

BTW.: the path you listed should be:

\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\0ad\config

My config file reads this:

waterfoam = truewatercoastalwaves = truewatershadows = trueshowsky = true;;;;; EXPERIMENTAL ;;;;;; Prefer GLSL shaders over ARB shaders (not recommended). REQUIRES gentangents=true.preferglsl = true; Generate tangents for normal and parallax mapping. REQUIRES preferglsl=true.gentangents = true; Experimental probably-non-working GPU skinning support; requires preferglsl; use at own riskgpuskinning = false; Use smooth LOS interpolation; REQUIRES preferglsl=true.smoothlos = false; Use screen-space postprocessing filters (HDR, bloom, DOF, etc). Incompatible with fixed renderpath.postproc = truematerialmgr.quality = 10.0; Maximum distance to display parallax effect. Set to 0 to disable parallax.materialmgr.PARALLAX_DIST.max = 150; Maximum distance to display high quality parallax effect.materialmgr.PARALLAX_HQ_DIST.max = 75; Maximum distance to display very high quality parallax effect. Set to 30 to enable.materialmgr.PARALLAX_VHQ_DIST.max = 30;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Edited by niektb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9fknPTS.png

For my mod I will include a "test" ship with units garrisonable on the deck. The pathfinder hgets confused because I think it runs separate paths for the ship and the garrisoned units, so the ship stutters and acts weird when you move it. I will include this test ship in a modified Ptolemies sandbox scenario.

• Like 5

9fknPTS.png

For my mod I will include a "test" ship with units garrisonable on the deck. The pathfinder hgets confused because I think it runs separate paths for the ship and the garrisoned units, so the ship stutters and acts weird when you move it. I will include this test ship in a modified Ptolemies sandbox scenario.

oh man that is awsome you can post more even a video or upload the mod to get that, is this a new level to ship battle give boost to naval battle even I can imagine raft battle with archers.
  • Sad 1