sound effects request.

Lion.Kanzen

Meh. It's not really something I should have to defend myself over. I see no evidence that emitters are a better solution. You should be able to think otherwise without sparking any major collapse of the universe.

Well, if you continue to argue your point, don't get upset when others argue back. :P:)

Anyway, I think based on the IRC convo, we'd prefer to use emitters, because they can be created and destroyed easily with triggers, should we implement triggers. Plus they are easy to place in Atlas as an object, using the existing object placement code. Going the terrain texture route would necessitate new Atlas UI features. All-in-all, emitters are just way more flexible.

More sound requests:

• Gate lock/unlock
  • Animal death sounds and more variety (low priority)

Oh yeah. Definitely. I could hear a cool locking sound for the gate. And of course, each animal will need their own unique death sound.

How about an invisible object, maybe 10 pixels wide and in length that follows and stays in the middle of the camera. Whenever the invisible object covers a piece of terrain, the sound effect related to the terrain will play. Perhaps we could use ambience through the methods of triggering?

Well, if you continue to argue your point, don't get upset when others argue back. :P:)

I actually didn't. I accepted that you disagreed on whether the comparison was apt. So it shouldn't be necessary for someone to leap to your defense.

Anyway, I think based on the IRC convo, we'd prefer to use emitters, because they can be created and destroyed easily with triggers, should we implement triggers. Plus they are easy to place in Atlas as an object, using the existing object placement code. Going the terrain texture route would necessitate new Atlas UI features. All-in-all, emitters are just way more flexible.

Won't you need a bit of new Atlas UI anyway? I'd not only like to place it, but also to edit them (move them around, delete them). For that purpose, they must be visible in Atlas, but preferably not in the game. So Atlas should also have a little "toggle emitters visibility" switch.

But that'll be an easy-to-add menu item.

ok, again we have a Animal list (Topic) same way we can have a Sound List(missing Sound and low Variety) and Define what is "Low Variety"

hat wy many Sound Contributors can put their sounds in that Topic list. and Thank you for sounds, my original post was for donate sound , not for demanding to Team put them.

@Lion, I think, if you have sounds you would like in the game, you can always create a track ticket and ask for a particular sound to be included.

There are ways enough to share sounds. You have generic cloud sharing services s.a. Dropbox, or sound sharing services s.a. SoundCloud.

Gate sounds were tasked to Kaitlynn, but unfortunately she was very busy with uni+work and is unlikely to have time to do them.

The last few animal sound contributors have disappeared.

Looking at this document, for example, I think it's pretty clear how advantageous it would be to have someone actively in charge of the sound department. Look at all the work that went into that Excel spreadsheet. Even with everything done to this point, it remains a huge task, not only defining and recording new sounds, and replacing old ones, but telling the programmers what is needed to use them. It's not surprising if new sound contributors disappear because nobody's there to keep them motivated :( I don't know if it's as important as an art department leader, but a sound department leader is very important.

@sanders, yeah, but with a list we have more order and we can have the possibly of see what are left to do or contribute, and this is not only for team, is for everyone. And yeah I upload my files to Dropbox and soundcloud, other sounds I was do and you guys like was Latin voices but never was implement by anyone.

Thank you for reply.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

@sanders, yeah, but with a list we have more order and we can have the possibly of see what are left to do or contribute, and this is not only for team, is for everyone. And yeah I upload my files to Dropbox and soundcloud, other sounds I was do and you guys like was Latin voices but never was implement by anyone.

Thank you for reply.

The forum is more for talking. If you want something (that has been discussed) to be done, you need to use trac. Trac is better for assigning tasks to people, and making sure they get done.

Won't you need a bit of new Atlas UI anyway? I'd not only like to place it, but also to edit them (move them around, delete them). For that purpose, they must be visible in Atlas, but preferably not in the game. So Atlas should also have a little "toggle emitters visibility" switch.

But that'll be an easy-to-add menu item.

Not sure why you'd need to toggle them 'off' in Atlas. Maybe for screenshots? If so, probably better to just have a nice pop-up dialog box for screenshot options, with a toggle there.

The forum is a excellent way to people can know about the updates, because they can say what thinks about of art, or gameplay whatever, is like a Tabloid news. The trac is more for developers, even me don't like create a ticket without a properly discuss in the forum.

sighvart if mythos can acting his voices can do something like taunts in AoE "Abadacus".

• 6 months later...