Pergamon by remote?

I am visiting the Pergamon Museum in Berlin over the weekend:

Let me know if you have any requests for something I should investigate for the game :)

The main attractions are obviously its reconstructions of:

• The Pergamon Altar
  • Market Gate of Miletus
  • The Ishtar Gate and the Processional Way, Babylon
  • The Mshatta facade

But there is also a collection of authentic classical antiquities including "architectural remains, sculptures and vases, as well as inscriptions, mosaics, bronzes and jewellery":

http://www.smb-digit...highlights.1100

• Like 1

If you have a good camera, perhaps you could take some snaps of the Istar Gate glazed bricks and any interesting mosaics/decorations. These could be used for background graphics or something graphic in the future (see background of the play0ad youtube channel).

As it happens I visited the British Museum a week ago to research ancient decorations/friezes for the user interface redesign...

• Like 1

If you have a polarized filter it works great to help cut down on reflections as you take photos through glass. If you have a steady hand and a fast shutter, try to avoid using a flash when possible. Coins, close ups of artwork (pottery, metal working) would all be useful. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

• 4 weeks later...