===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic Structures

Enrique

Looking nice with maxed out graphics. How did you made the falling water ? :)

attachicon.gifNewBuilding.png

It's a custom material that an old contributor added. It needs two UV coordinates: the first is the texture (which scrolls in the Y direction) and the second one determines the blending opacity (full transparency to the left, zero transparency to the right). The Aura visualization test I made was also with the same technique.

I'll repeat myself, but I'm actually amazed.

(well except maybe for the gravel. Don't we have a better decal texture?)

I tried with the pathway like in the previous screenshot but it looked too busy and the standard "dirt" made all the composition too yellow, so I opted for the gravel. Easy to change though ;)

One thing I would suggest is to make the market use the same cloth textures as the other buildings in the set, just for visual consistency. Or at least use them as variations.

I'd prefer changing the cloth in other buildings (since there's not overused except in the blacksmith) to these new ones, which IMO look much better.

• Like 1

I'd prefer changing the cloth in other buildings (since there's not overused except in the blacksmith) to these new ones, which IMO look much better.

I think the white ones look better for better contrast with all the beige walls, while the 'new' ones used on the market just look too much like leather or something (they don't look like cloth) and are almost exactly the same color as the walls, offering less contrast. Just my opinion. Do with it as you will. (y)