===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic Structures

Enrique

looking good! You can check i.e. the greek blacksmith to see how the "floating props" are added. In this case you should create a separate actor for each tent and then add it as a prop point to the main structure. This would also allow to use single tents as actors in altas as eyecandy, which is a plus. I don't have internet access at home right now but I will adapt it when I have some time if you prefer. Also I'd like to do the same with the rest of the "open markets" because the ground platform looks much worse than the floating prop solution. Regarding the stretching problems, I can not see them in the shots. If you are referring to the fabric on top of the stalls, it may be because they need some more geometry or because the mesh is not triangulated before mapping. Also remember to use ctrl+a to apply scale always before unwrapping, this will maintain the correct shape of the uv and reduce stetching. Good job overall ;)

Thanks Enrique :)

It had occurred to me that we could have separate stall models which could bring a lot of life to atlas cities, but I think I'm going to keep on the ptolemies atm so we have placeholders at least for those buildings we don't really have fleshed out yet

I got a blacksmith sketch, might not wait for a green light to get it started

we got til wednesday :P

post-14999-0-75005600-1387137277_thumb.p

Edited by LordGood
forgot the image whoops

Do elevation adjusted props work already? I haven't seen it happen yet on my computer (svn build)

Only for the props that are modified to use it. Like the fields have 64 independent plant props that adjust to the terrain. Some other buildings (like the persian stables) have less noticeable props that adjust to the terrain.

The shields are convex, it can just be a little difficult to see at distance. The stone texture on the forge is the only area where it is used so I'm not sure what you mean by that micheal.

I do agree, I should put a solid roof on at least one of the buildings. and have some extra darker substructure outlining the mouth of the forge

I think I should divide the larger half of the main building with a decorative border along the middle, too.

post-14999-0-09059300-1387228080_thumb.p

But moving right along, here's a new dock concepts. I don't think dukediamond will have his dock out by next alpha so I'd like to get a start on it

The shields are convex, it can just be a little difficult to see at distance. The stone texture on the forge is the only area where it is used so I'm not sure what you mean by that micheal.

For me, the Scarabee schield "bugs" me a bit. It's like there isn't enough space between the crate and the table for it to be there. And although they are convex, I think it's quite difficult to see. Maybe they're not convex enough?

they're triangle fans, they'll look odd if I make them too convex. all pointy and stuff
I'll have to import the shields from existing game assets

(i see what you did there sander, :P)

anywho,

dock

It's a little bigger than the footprint atm but that should be an easy fix

I'll tweak existing models once they're all done, if i have time before the next alpha

post-14999-0-40739000-1387245698_thumb.p

• Like 1

they're triangle fans, they'll look odd if I make them too convex. all pointy and stuff

I'll have to import the shields from existing game assets

(i see what you did there sander, :P)

anywho,

dock

It's a little bigger than the footprint atm but that should be an easy fix

I'll tweak existing models once they're all done, if i have time before the next alpha

Perfect. You are the best

I've been talking to Enrique via PM, I'm going to get a start on the corral when I get the chance, since we havent had an update to it's thread in quite a while.

Enrique is working on the military settlement, last I heard. He's not quite sure what direction he wants to take it in though :P

I've been talking to Enrique via PM, I'm going to get a start on the corral when I get the chance, since we havent had an update to it's thread in quite a while.

Enrique is working on the military settlement, last I heard. He's not quite sure what direction he wants to take it in though :P

I can't to stop trying to imagining that building. How big can be?