Natural disaster

greenlaser

What about adding a few disasters to the game?

It would be cool too have some optional earthquakes, tsunamis or tornados. :) I know a lot wouldn't like their troops being killed, but you should be able to have it as an option!

But i think that it would be nice to have fire. There are some fire-archer i think but the houses don't burn! Then you could take water from the river or from a well you built to put out the fire. Does anybody know Stronghold? there you had warehouse and if it burned down you lost a big part of your resources. That's why you had to build a well and then everything was well ;) !

Oh, and rain and floods would be very realistic! Not that it would do any damage, but it looks nice! And diseases! Could build a hospital...

You don't have to finish it in a day, you know :) I played a game once that lasted a month :P

Exactly what I tend to do, I generally don't finish any games anymore. (Civ, for example: I start a game, I play a few days, I forget all about it and I start a new game xD)

Edited by idanwin

natural disasters would be useful for scenarios, especially if a natural disaster had some historical significance in a period (especially if it affected a military campaign), but they shouldn't be part of regular gameplay because they'd be game-breakers even if the players can't choose when to activate them like with God Powers in AOM

in fact, it may be useful to include some objects specifically for use in conjuction with natural disasters in-game, such as piles of rocks that would tumble over following an earthquake and block the main path of a mountain pass, forcing the players to either find another way around or dig their way through