0A.D. icon font

Latest version mirrors (v0.0.2):

Preview (pdf):

Preview (big jpg):

Civicons.jpg

For all of my design documents xD

post-4287-0-02106000-1365517304_thumb.jp

EDIT:

I'm really starting to like this idea. Making an actual 0A.D. font that has all it's little icons and maybe even characters for the writings in the game (see: link)

So I made this little thing here to show you what I mean:

Selection_002-1.jpg

Every civ could have an icon, every resource, every building ... Not sure anyone will ever use this, but I'll put the file here once I've finished some stuff.

If anyone wants to contribute some icons...

ZeroAD.ttf.7z

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 1

I've finished half of the civ icons (they need some cleaning up of course, size/placement ...)

I've run into a problem with the Romans, they don't have a round icon, which may pose a problem to identify the icon as a civ icon. Do I just place the Roman icon inside a circle? Or do I leave it as it is?

All that's left to do now is the roman civ icon:

EDIT: Oh, well, I just added a circle to the Roman civ icon anyway. So, what do you guys think?

(personally I want to tweak the britons middle circle and the carthaginian sign)

Selection_006.jpg

53407.png

EDIT2: ... Awaiting authorisation ...

Oh, well xD

Here it is:

ZeroAD.ttf.7z

Edited by idanwin

Oh, I already did that one (look at screenshot in spoiler in first post), thanks for the ptolemies one!

I did the swords already as well as a matter of fact xD

If you'd downloaded the font and taken a look at it we wouldn't have done the same work twice...

I might still use your swords anyway.

Could you send me the svg's for ptolemies and swords?

Edited by idanwin
  • Like 1

idanwin, thanks for this cool and interesting idea. You're making this with Inkscape ?

I like how it looks so far.

2 suggestions :

-the swords provided by Lion.kanzen look more ancient. Yours were too medieval I think. Better then to keep Lion's ones.

-the two hands shaking icon is clear and well done but again, doesn't feel as ancient as it could. I have no particular suggestion here, but by inspiration from some ancient paintings style, I think you can turn it to something really ancient-fashioned.

Here is an Egyptian hand :

3562532888_7fb74500f1.jpg