My Feedback

PurpleSector

You know what you think what you want to think. I worked at Gas Powered Games and I saw what those guys went through balancing units...it took weeks of attack scenarios and tweeking...that is EXACTLY how you balance units. So keep living in dreamland, you will find out later when the game is mature and all the good players play the exact same civ and own everyone. Find out the hard way. Be my guest.

You keep ignoring our points and fall back to your supposed experience in the industry. I'm not calling you a liar, but when you worked at Gas Powered, did you march into design meetings and demand balance and design changes like this during alpha phase of development? I highly highly doubt it. I'm not saying we don't think about balance during alpha phase. In fact, we talk about it all the time. But so far you have not given us anything of substance to actually discuss except that you feel like we have too many civs and that war elephants are overpowered in death match (and that we are children). We've addressed these points, but you ignore them.

Again, for the cheap seats: War Elephants (and many other units) are currently not balanced because we are on the cusp of a major change regarding unit stats (namely, how armor is calculated). It would be pointless to balance War Elephant stats to the currently implemented armor calculation. These unbalances happen, especially in alpha phase when new features or changes drastically affect gameplay. You would know this, having worked in the industry. Also, when we do balance them, we will not balance them to Death Match game rules first. Why haven't you played the game in default mode yet? We politely ask you to try multiplayer or default single player mode (not death match) before coming back with further balancing criticisms. We also ask you to stop insulting us and our contributors.

Also: several weeks of balancing doesn't seem like that much (I mean the gave's been in development for other 10 years now) . If something's OP in 0 A.D., we just UP it until it's no longer. Pretty quick. Of course there's always the risk that this will throw the rest of the game out of balance, but generally I don't think it'll prove impossible right now. The actually hard part will be thinking of most strategies (I will always remember an AoE II MP game I did a long time ago where a Spanish player won using only his citizens. Turns out with the right upgrades in the castle, the villagers became absolutely OP. That's the kind of thing that is harder to balance. That's the kind of things for which players like TheMista are useful).

• Like 1

You keep ignoring our points and fall back to your supposed experience in the industry. I'm not calling you a liar, but when you worked at Gas Powered, did you march into design meetings and demand balance and design changes like this during alpha phase of development? I highly highly doubt it. I'm not saying we don't think about balance during alpha phase. In fact, we talk about it all the time. But so far you have not given us anything of substance to actually discuss except that you feel like we have too many civs and that war elephants are overpowered in death match (and that we are children). We've addressed these points, but you ignore them.

Again, for the cheap seats: War Elephants (and many other units) are currently not balanced because we are on the cusp of a major change regarding unit stats (namely, how armor is calculated). It would be pointless to balance War Elephant stats to the currently implemented armor calculation. These unbalances happen, especially in alpha phase when new features or changes drastically affect gameplay. You would know this, having worked in the industry. Also, when we do balance them, we will not balance them to Death Match game rules first. Why haven't you played the game in default mode yet? We politely ask you to try multiplayer or default single player mode (not death match) before coming back with further balancing criticisms. We also ask you to stop insulting us and our contributors.

ooooooo!!! you really told me didnt you? pfffft...I remember 6 years ago when I was Ferrari_Warrior and all of you told me I was crazy for suggesting you go open source....I stand by my remarks. Just keep bloating the game with civ after civ and feature after feature and watch what happens...it won't be any fun to play....not that you can even play it now (after 10 years)...pffffffffffffffffft...same old same old...

ooooooo!!! you really told me didnt you? pfffft...I remember 6 years ago when I was Ferrari_Warrior and all of you told me I was crazy for suggesting you go open source....I stand by my remarks. Just keep bloating the game with civ after civ and feature after feature and watch what happens...it won't be any fun to play....not that you can even play it now (after 10 years)...pffffffffffffffffft...same old same old...

You claim to be 48 years old?

Good sir, did you come here to pick up a fight or make a point? Because you're doing neither effectively. Your comments have no substance in it. Instead of offering some constructive criticism, you keep insulting us! As if that would help with anything. Please revise your attitude and your arguments before making your next post.

• Like 1