AoE 3 Like Heros

Revan Shan

When playing a game with one of the greek factions I noticed that I started with some sort of special character, which looked like the hero on Age of EMpires 3.

If you remember, you shall know that the hero-explorer from AoE3 was a very interesting feature. He could build a small number of buildings, including the civ. center, and once killed he could be rescued.

I wonder if there are any plans concerning this feature. I think it would be a great idea.

When playing a game with one of the greek factions I noticed that I started with some sort of special character, which looked like the hero on Age of EMpires 3.

If you remember, you shall know that the hero-explorer from AoE3 was a very interesting feature. He could build a small number of buildings, including the civ. center, and once killed he could be rescued.

I wonder if there are any plans concerning this feature. I think it would be a great idea.

The plan is to make heroes unique, with different bonuses, abilities, and "auras" that affect units around them. Most of these effects will be historically-based depending upon the character of that hero. A few examples:

http://trac.wildfire...#ATHENIANHEROES

• Generic Name: Themistocles.
  • Specific Name: Themistoklês.
    • Class: Hero1.
    • Hacker Armament: Xiphos.
    • Ranged Armament: None.
    • Appearance:
      • Garb:
      • Helmet: No helmet.
      • Shield: Round shield with a coiled snake design.
      • Figure(s): Think of a saltier Maximus from the movie Gladiator.

[*]History: The general who persuaded the Athenians to invest their income from silver mines in a war navy of 200 Triremes. A key figure during the Persian Wars, he commanded the victorious Athenian navy at the decisive battle of Salamis in 479 BC. Later, he pursued an active policy against the Persians in the Aegean, thereby laying the foundations of future Athenian power. Ostracised by the Athenians, he was forced to flee to the protection of the Persians.

[*]Garrison: 1.

[*]Function: Naval Enhancement.

[*]Special:

• "Hero" Aura (When garrisoned in a ship, all nearby war ships are 20% faster. Ships are also 20% cheaper during his lifespan).

http://trac.wildfire...s#MAURYANHEROES

• Generic Name: Acharya Chanakya.
  • Specific Name: Acharya Chanakya.
    • Class: Hero3.
    • Hacker Armament: None. Defenseless.
    • Ranged Armament: None. Defenseless.
    • Appearance:
      • Garb: .
      • Helmet: .
      • Shield: .
      • Figure(s): .

[*]History: .

[*]Function: Technology enhancement.

[*]Special:

• "Teacher" Ability (Has the ability to "empower" a building while it is researching a technology. Technologies will research 50% faster while Chanakya empowers the building.)
      • "Philosopher" Ability (Has the ability to research 4 special technologies only available to him. These technologies are based on his philosophical treatises on economics, governance, and warfare.)

The plan is to make heroes unique, with different bonuses, abilities, and "auras" that affect units around them. Most of these effects will be historically-based depending upon the character of that hero. A few examples:

http://trac.wildfire...s#MAURYANHEROES

• Generic Name: Acharya Chanakya.
  • Specific Name: Acharya Chanakya.
    • Class: Hero3.
    • Hacker Armament: None. Defenseless.
    • Ranged Armament: None. Defenseless.
    • Appearance:
      • Garb: .
      • Helmet: .
      • Shield: .
      • Figure(s): .

[*]History: .

[*]Function: Technology enhancement.

[*]Special:

• "Teacher" Ability (Has the ability to "empower" a building while it is researching a technology. Technologies will research 50% faster while Chanakya empowers the building.)
      • "Philosopher" Ability (Has the ability to research 4 special technologies only available to him. These technologies are based on his philosophical treatises on economics, governance, and warfare.)

I was just wondering, the teacher ability sounds quite lame. Its not such a big bonus. How about Chanakya researches all the upgrades available at a certain time, when garrisoned in that building? It would be faster than researching them one at a time, but slower than just researching one :)

I was just wondering, the teacher ability sounds quite lame. Its not such a big bonus. How about Chanakya researches all the upgrades available at a certain time, when garrisoned in that building? It would be faster than researching them one at a time, but slower than just researching one :)

Hmm, what if his empowering ability extends to everything that building does, not just researching techs. For instance, unit training is reduced significantly for that building as well.