main menu background

gab

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Tomcelmare said:

I preferred the old menu background. More static, but more epic. This one is interesting but too cartoonesque for my taste...Maybe it reminds me too much of the pony mod menu...

This doesn't tell me anything, Justus labels things as cartoony as well, but I need elaboration if I'm going to be able to take any action on it. 'Cartoony' just invokes frustration if specifics aren't pointed out.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, LordGood said:

This doesn't tell me anything, Justus labels things as cartoony as well, but I need elaboration if I'm going to be able to take any action on it. 'Cartoony' just invokes frustration if specifics aren't pointed out.

The proportions of the men are way off. Not realistic. Heads are big. The hands are big. Proportions of things. Look at reference for people, places, things, and animals was you are painting to get them right. Don't sketch from memory. Use good references.

Details are broad and sketchy, look incomplete, lack polish. things like this is what I mean by cartoony.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

I hope I didn't sound too harsh, Lordgood. I usually like pretty much everything you do, but I just don't like this menu. I understand that giving an opinion as a player is always simple, but working on the game and trying to improve its content is another thing...I think wowgetoffyourcellphone has explained really well what I meant, so this should give you new directions of improvement :)

• Like 2

same, I am just being matter-of-fact, not trying to be harsh. I think LordGood can handle some critique of his work. I just thought "cartoony" was obvious description, but I could have spelled it out better. Probably different peop,e have different idea what cartoony means.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok , Cartoony you can reach this by many ways, but in art to make Cartoon characters is exaggerated the traits. even use stereotypical.

But using Wikipedia term.

A cartoon is a type of two-dimensional illustration, possibly animated. While the specific definition has changed over time, modern usage refers to (a) a typically non-realistic or semi-realistic artistic style of drawing or painting, (b) an image or series of images intended for satire, caricature, or humor, or (c) a motion picture that relies on a sequence of illustrations for its animation. An artist who creates cartoons is called a cartoonist.[1]

The concept originated in the Middle Ages and first described a preparatory drawing for a piece of art, such as a painting, fresco, tapestry, or stained glass window. In the 19th century, it came to refer to humorous illustrations in magazines and newspapers, and after the early 20th century, it referred to comic strips and animated films

27a3b600d11bb40ddfdcf164f55f02a2--empire-online-age-of-empires.jpg

header%201.jpg

More common is tends to over exaggerated proportion or use more simple trait exagerate like.

Here the draw is non aesthetic proportion. but the painting is realistic.

fcd7dc9c69d8ec1d6a01ff5830772782.jpg

Realistic paint but still Cartoon. I save this to my personal use as reference of this styles, because aren't easily, isn't a common thing that you learn, in many art school or career you learn the basic.

122b76c43dd47c0e9db1dae775952d7d--dc-characters-geek-art.jpg

brianbollandkjpanel.jpg

• 1 month later...