Locks up at main sreen, MAC OS X Retina

gotminifigures

Hello all, great game so far... Although, I only managed to play once.

When I load the game it locks up in the main screen at "welcome to 0ad". When I move my mouse it won't highlight over the buttons in yellow. I got the game to work once, but for whatever reason, I cannot figure out how to proceed. When I force-quit and reload the game, once in a while I notice either of the buttons highlight yellow on their own for a split second once the page appears, and then it seems like it freezes. The backround still rotates and the music plays but I can't advance. Please help me enjoy this game!!

I am using a Mac Retina, newest version Loucetios.

That the problem I reported in the past, there is a ticket open in Alpha 14 to solve that.

In alpha 13 Magdhala the game is still unplayable with the default parameters. The problem with the cursor is one of them, another one is the game resolution. When you open the game there are parts of the main screen of the game which are out of the laptop screen. I think that's because the screen resolution of the Retina, 2880x1800 in 15" model.

Short solution: Change the game parameter in the configuration file. But thats don't solve the problem with the cursor in the game menu. But you can play the game.

Long solution: wait till the programmers found a solution and the implement it for alpha 14.

I have the same problem and i'm using OS X 10.8.3 with all the updates. If you need more info or to test something contact with me.

Edited by memmaker650

Speaking of that, can you check the ticket and respond to this comment? :) I might make a test bundle with SDL 2.0 to see if it fixes the Retina display issues people are having, rather than waiting for A14 to find out.

I could test the version with SDL 2.0 if you compile it for me. I can't answer the comment cause i'm not a developer. I can do any test you want.

More info: yesterday i play the alpha 13 version. The cursor problem only appear in fullscreen mode. I change the config file to play in windowed mode and the mouse accuracy is good. The game is algo playable and looks really nice, the use of CPU is good, not more of 15% in my 4 cores i7. But i only play half an hour.

I can't answer the comment cause i'm not a developer. I can do any test you want.

The test is very simple and will only take a minute :) Start the game in windowed mode as you say. Then in OS X system settings, change the display resolution while the game is running, to some other resolution. See if the cursor offset is there and if it seems like the bug you reported. I believe this is one and the same issue, what is happening is that the resolution is changing after the game enters fullscreen mode, maybe due to special handling of Retina displays, and SDL 1.2 isn't handling that correctly.

So far in my tests, SDL 2.0 seems much better on OS X, for example resizing and toggling fullscreen mode works flawlessly (on 10.8, not tested on e.g. 10.5 yet...)

• 3 months later...

Hello

I have the same problem on my mac retina

When I change the mac resolution to 1680x1050, it is almost ok : the screen size looks ok, but the mouse click has an offset of about 200 pixels up the actual mouse cursor...

Maybe if I set the resolution in 0ad config files it would be ok, but how to do that on a mac?