0 A.D. in FOSS Meetings and Conferences

Jeru

Where's the next FOSDEM?

Its always in Brussels, same location every year (I think), Vrije universiteit Brussel (Free University of Brussels)

You also don't need to bring promotional material if you don't have a booth. People don't expect to get something at the talks, they just expect a decent technical explanation of the subject, and a possibility to ask questions.

Yeah I meant you'd only need promotional material when having a booth there, but the lightning talks are for any project, finished or not.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Is LSM always in the ULB?

This is the first year its in Brussels so I doubt it will be there next year. Just checking the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libre_Software_Meeting

Edited by fireprog

• 3 weeks later...

This was sent to me :)

Hello,

As you should have been notified, your talk for the LSM (on the subject «Developing a free, open-source, triple A strategy game») has been accepted.

I should be able soon to tell you which day it's gonna be, we are organizing the program these days.

I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a 40 minutes talk instead of 20 minutes?

You selected 20 minutes in the submission form, but there are too few talks about video-game in english. (Right now there are 2, yours and one by qubodup about «How to use existing freely licensed game art assets when creating games». I'm thinking about doing one myself to complete.)

0.A.D. seems to me an interesting enough subject to last 40 minutes, but the decision is yours to take.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I won't be able to give the talk at the Libre Software Meeting, due to personal reasons.

I hope we don't have to cancel the talk, I'm looking for someone to take over. I will help with the presentation and all the preparation that is required. If anyone is even remotely interested, let us know!

The talk will be in English, and will take 40 minutes. This may seem long, but we will also show a promotional video. Date: July 8th, 2013 (IIRC).

Ouch, sorry to hear indeed. Might be hard to find someone on short notice, but at least it's reasonably close to at least a few of the developers. Would definitely have been harder for someone to e.g. replace Kieran in a conference on New Zealand =)

Don't feel too bad. This may be a nice opportunity, and if somebody would jump in that's great. However I feel that you guys are doing a very great job of getting attention, I see Twitter, Facebook, Steam, Youtube, IndieDB, developers commenting on Youtube and Heaven games forum (no idea how I found that, not intentional) and how you guys involve with players like me.

By whatever means, I hope this game get's the attention it deserves. It is already exceptionally great for a free game in Alpha!, and has the potential to become even greater. The creme de la creme of free gaming.

I was thinking of publicizing that we were looking for a replacement, but I changed my mind, I wouldn't want a random person who's not a longstanding member of the community to take over anyway.

Let me know if I need to announce a cancellation.

• 9 months later...