Good Voice to Dub the Tutorials

Hi there, I do a lot of work in dubs and stuff on Youtube and for some companies.

I was taking a look at the Tutorials for 0 A.D. and thought that it would look much nicer if they had a voice reading the subtitles. I can do that easily, so if you want some help with that just leave me a message.

No time right now, but do you have any YouTube video examples to show? You can just paste the URLs here. (y)

I don't have any serious stuff in English, only in Spanish. But trust in me, I talk good English. Here is an example in Spanish:

Edited by Revan Shan

The 0AD team is very multicultural, and I'm going to assume so is it's following. I'm sure a slight accent won't be too big of an issue. It's very well presented, and if the subtitles stay there should be no reason for a misunderstanding by the listener.

If it's a choice between an American accent and a Spanish one, I think the Spanish accent should win out in this particular context.

Edited by LordGood

I think it is precisely the fact that the team and fan-base is multicultural that any spoken-English we use have minimal ethnic accent. The voice should probably be either the "standard" American accent (the 'Midwestern' or West Coast accents used by TV news reporters, for instance), or whatever accent TV news reporters use in England. These are the accents the widest range of non-native English speakers will be able to understand (besides English in their native accents, of course). A slight Spanish accent would not be bad, but not ideal. A slight Spanish accent would be okay as long as enunciation is clear and correct.

A note: It might be my contact (or lack of it) with the accent, but i find it difficult, sometimes, to understand the European English "standard" accent. So if I were to choose one over the other, I'd prefer the American English "standard" accent, which is almost always pretty clear, to me.

I agree. I'd only use British English if it had to sound particularly distinguished :P (Which it shouldn't, a tutorial is very hands-on.)

European English is normally more difficult to understand. This is natural.

The smaller the group of people who learned the language, the more difficult it is. Take our dialect. Nobody learns to speak it, so it doesn't evolve very fast, and they don't understand me when I speak my dialect if I go 100km from my home place. On the other hand, African (which is also closely connected to Dutch) is very easy to learn, as people from different tribes in South Africa all needed to learn that language. So the pronunciation of different words is more uniform.

So unless it can be localised, American English should be used, as it has the most uniform sound, and most people can understand it easily.

Er... you are missing the point fellas. Keep it simple. Do you want my voice in Spanish or English?

(By the way, the Spanish example I made had to be a bright and young voice to show enthusiasm towards the public. I can make it deeper and more "epic" like)

Edited by Revan Shan