Unit portrait pipeline

LordGood

• 2 weeks later...

These icons are awesome, I love how people are doing something not just standing there and watching you like in passport picture. However 2nd warrior doesn't fit with others because main colour of his cloth is grey and others' is white. In think in game this won't be noticable but here it stick out :)

Great great work Lordgood, it seems your improving along this tough icon exercise ! :)

I like your boat very much, very good work on the wood.

One comment about the camel icon : your camel head is bothering me... Something is wrong about it, maybe the ears, or the eyes. That's probably not much to fix.

Here's a picture from the web to compare...

camel-fine.jpg

What do you think ?

Ballista

Waow! That's an epic point of view! The thing now is to have the picture clearer, because for now we hardly distinguish what it is.. :P

One worry with the yellos background is that it's too close to the color of the rest. Can you try a version with much less saturation in the background color ?

As always, Lordgood, put your icon in a very small size and check if it looks clear. This one doesn't. But sure there is something to get out this excellent sight. I suggest you simplify the surfaces, put out the metal plates in the up part and for the moment try it without the woo fibers lines, to see how it works in a more "skecthy" form. It also could be interesting to rotate the ballista just a little, so we get to see it's "tail" and have a better sense of the perspective and it's ball would appear clearer, ejected in a slight diagonal toward the up right corner. Just a suggestion.

About the camel head : mmm, I think the nose and the top and back of the nose is a bit tood different from what we can see in photo, and same for the eyes, which should look a bit more round than like thin lines... Well, that's how I feel it. :)

Thanks! ^_^

The boat is sitting in water, and the reflection is bound to be a similar color. Can't have it float because that would look silly. I'm assuming you're talking about the lower half of the background

Nope, I was talking about the upper part, same with the ballista. Try giving it a blue background, see if it stands out more? :) To fix the water, you could give a blue tint.

Right now blue marks civilian status, I can try different warm tints, that seems to be the recurring theme on the Greek unit portraits, which is what Mythos had in mind. Maybe red?

I like the exaggerated perspective of the ballista but I might have to abandon it for a three quarter, or overhead view of it