Illustrator/Concept Artist Position - Vincent Van Hoof

Position: Concept Artist

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Name: Vincent Van Hoof

Email: Vincentvh@msn.com

MSN Messenger: Vincentvh@msn.com

Availability: Anytime (More focused availability on May 5, the start of my next Semester)

How many hours per week on average do you think you'll have for Wildfire Games? What about 6 months from now? At least 10-20 hours a week.

[(Optional) What keeps you busy in your day to day life? Student, work? etc. I am a Senior in College, so school work keeps me pretty busy. I am also working on an Indie Title in my spare time.

Skills and Experience:

What qualifies you for this position? What experience have you had in the past? I have worked for 18 months at Fledgling Studios. I have strong concept design skills and knowledge of 3D sculpting.

Motivation:

Tell us what motivates you to pursue these skills and experiences. I have true passion for combing games and art. I love creating designs that have mass appeal and that people enjoy.

Personality:

Creatively describe the way you see yourself in one sentence.

I am passionate, respectful, and a fast worker that likes to get things done.

Short Essay:

How and when did you find out about Wildfire Games? What motivates you to be a part of the project? What do you seek to gain in being a part of Wildfire Games?

I found out about Wildfire games through Mod DB. I'm motivated to be part of the project because the style of the game is right up my alley. I would love to contribute to it and enhance the already wonderful world that has been created. I seek to gain more Game Industry experience by working for Wildfire.

Interests and Hobbies:

Tell us briefly about some of the other things you enjoy doing your free time. We ask this to get to know your background a bit better

I love games and movies. In the small free time that I have, I usually spend it gaming with friends or loved ones. New and classic games alike are what I enjoy doing to relax and have fun.

Staff:

(Optional) Do you know, or know of anyone on the team? No

Community:

(Optional) What communities, websites, or forums do you frequent that relate to your interests and the gaming world?

Mod DB, Tumblr, Linkedin, Behance, Gamasutra, DeviantArt.

Favorite Game:

What's your favorite game at the moment? What about your overall favorite?

This is an extremely hard question. At the moment, probably Resident Evil 4. My all time favorite game would probably be Majora's Mask.

Work Examples:

If applicable to the position you're applying to, please include a few examples of your past experience.

Here is a link to my portfolio: Behance.net/VanHoofers

Vincent Van Hoof Resume.pdf

Edited by VanHoof

Hello, thank you for the welcome. I could create some animal portraits if you really need me to. My style is a bit different from the one's you presented. But, I can certainly give it a shot. My specialties definitely gravitate towards armor and weapons.

Edited by VanHoof

Hello, thank you for the welcome. I could create some animal portraits if you really need me to. My style is a bit different from the one's you presented. But, I can certainly give it a shot. My specialties definitely gravitate towards armor and weapons.

The game could definitely use more portraits of armor and weapons (for technologies and other things). They'd need to be researched though and accurate to the era for the most part.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I believe I will be able to contribute to 0 A.D. soon. I am currently finishing up the last part of my second to last semester, but I will have a fair amount of free time coming up in the near future. I can definitely do portraits for Greeks or any other race. Amor/weapon/technology portraits are also something I can produce. Researching them and making them extremely accurate should not be a problem either. If anyone has specific items for me to concept/illustrate please feel free to list it and I will work on it as soon as possible. Again, I will have much more time in a few weeks.

Thank you for all the input everyone!