A new face and hopefully some new hands.

Hi all,

I am following this Game for some time now and as you suspected i love it. :) I also always wanted to contribute to a opensource project and thought this might be the right one. Some time ago I tipped the game to RPS ... somehow I feel guilty know for saying it. :/

Now some Information about me. Got a german bachelor degree in Communication Design. Have some expierience in the gaming industry. Worked for Hellsceen Entertainment (shut down) and Empea. With some friends from university we founded Uniworlds. Most of the time i worked as a game desinger and 2D artist. Professional worktime was short. About 7 month. With Uniworlds i have 3 Years of hobbyist experience.

But due to an illness i am not really involved in anything than waiting for a cure or more information about it. Went deaf and nobody really knows why.

So i want to get back into the industry because i love making games. That is when it struck me an opensource project could get me more expirience and portfolio material. So here I am ready to learn and contribute.

This is want i want to improve on me:

Back to 3D - improve my very basic 3D skills espacilly animation and texturing.

Working with a established pipeline

This is what i can offer:

2D Art and Texturing (Photoshop)

Basic 3D modeling and sculpting (Blender, Sculptris)

Gamedesign and conception

So here I am ready to go.

Alban

Welcome!

Both Caravan and Free Skies seem to be built around very interesting concepts (I've only watched the videos and red a bit in the concept documents).

For 0 A.D. it's probably too late to make the gameplay revolutionary and new but art contributions are very welcome too. :)

What kind of 2D work could you do?

Maybe some icons like these?

http://play0ad.com/team-blog-icon-showcase/

Welcome to the team! Your contributions are very welcome.

I was sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you get better soon, and in the mean time find strength to overcome the challenges you must be facing.

Thank you :)

What kind of 2D work could you do?

Maybe some icons like these?

http://play0ad.com/t...-icon-showcase/

Yes that should be doable. If can use the workfiles (photoshop?). Espacially for stuff like the layereffects. Do you have an internal texture source for that kind of images?

Other 2D work could be textures (i saw something about an african faction? ) of any kind.

Like I said, I would like to try animation, I have only suppervised animation to date, but i have read alot of theory. So something like a non priority animal would be cool. If it dosen't work out nothing is lost but my time :)

Edited by DasBilligeAlien

Like I said, I would like to try animation, I have only suppervised animation to date, but i have read alot of theory. So something like a non priority animal would be cool. If it dosen't work out nothing is lost but my time :)

Animators are sorely needed, I believe, so that would be a great place to get started. There is some info on how it works here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BasicAnimationImplementation

In any case, welcome.

You're most welcome here, Alban.

(i saw something about an african faction? )

If you're talking about the Ptolemies, they're an incoming official faction, AFAIK, and the team will start working on them after the Mauryans are completed (Mauryans' official release planned for this summer). If you're talking about the Nubians/Nabateans, they're a mod project of Fallen Empire Studio's (a modding team composed of 0 A.D. fans). If you're interested in collaborating to any of them, i'm sure both will appreciate, since they have only some couple models designed. Thread links below:

Ptolemies

Nubians

Edited by Pedro Falcão

If you're talking about the Ptolemies, they're an incoming official faction, AFAIK, and the team will start working on them after the Mauryans are completed (Mauryans' official release planned for this summer). If you're talking about the Nubians/Nabateans, they're a mod project of Fallen Empire Studio's (a modding team composed of 0 A.D. fans). If you're interested in collaborating to any of them, i'm sure both will appreciate, since they have only some couple models designed. Thread links below:

Ptolemies

Nubians

I found the post. It's some nice to have stuff. Generic African MInifaction

Animators are sorely needed, I believe, so that would be a great place to get started. There is some info on how it works here:http://trac.wildfire...nImplementation

In any case, welcome.

Thank you for your welcome and thank you for the link.

A large number of our animal models are still temporary placeholders and require remodeling, retexturing, rigging, and animating - so you can definitely help with one of those. Is that doable?

Good that you use Blender too, it's our preferred modeling software :)

A large number of our animal models are still temporary placeholders and require remodeling, retexturing, rigging, and animating - so you can definitely help with one of those. Is that doable?

puh i am not that good with modeling. testuring should be no problem, rigging is an artform of its own, but animating is absolutly doable. With rigging i could ask an animator friend (she works for crytek) for advise.

Is there a list of todos for animals or stuff in general?

Good that you use Blender too, it's our preferred modeling software :)

Thats good to hear because I couldn't afford other software at the moment.:)