Attack notification

Sure. By the way, I was trying to launch Atlas to create a simple map with just 2 entities to make debugging simpler. Seem to run into an error :

The Atlas UI was not successfully loaded and therefore cannot be started as requested.
Call stack:
(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 126 (The specified module could not be found.)

Sure. By the way, I was trying to launch Atlas to create a simple map with just 2 entities to make debugging simpler. Seem to run into an error :

The Atlas UI was not successfully loaded and therefore cannot be started as requested.
Call stack:
(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 126 (The specified module could not be found.)

Have you built Atlas?

Are you seeing it ?

Hmm, so about the blinking code for the Minimap :

virtual bool CheckPing(void)
{
double currentTime = timer_Time();
double dt = currentTime - m_PingStartTime;
if (dt > m_PingDuration)
{
m_IsPinging = false;
m_PingStartTime = 0;
m_LastBlinkStartTime = m_PingStartTime;
}
dt = currentTime - m_LastBlinkStartTime;
// Return true for dt > 0 && dt < m_HalfBlinkDuration
if (dt < m_HalfBlinkDuration)
return true;
// Reset if this blink is complete
if (dt > m_BlinkDuration)
m_LastBlinkStartTime = currentTime;
// Return false for dt >= m_HalfBlinkDuration && dt < m_BlinkDuration
return false;
}

Basically CheckPing() returns true if the time elapsed since the current blink was started is less then 1/2 the blink duration. If CheckPing() returns true then the renderer draws in white. CheckPing() is called at the frame rate whenever the Minimap is drawn.

It can happen though that CheckPing() is called so slowly (very slow frame rate) that the time elapsed is always greater than 1/2 the blink duration. Then CheckPing() never returns true and no blinking is seen. So the user would need to raise the blinkduration in the cfg file. Which is kind of not ideal :closedeyes:

Edited by madmax

ok, why is that ? I mean why cant it be automated too.

So I just ran update-workspaces.bat --atlas

Then tried building. Got an error :

1>------ Build started: Project: AtlasScript, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: AtlasObject, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1> ScriptInterface.cpp
2> AtlasObjectJS.cpp
1>..\..\..\source ools\atlas\AtlasScript\ScriptInterface.cpp(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/wx.h': No such file or directory
2>..\..\..\source ools\atlas\AtlasObject\AtlasObjectJS.cpp(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/log.h': No such file or directory
3>------ Build started: Project: AtlasUI, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3> precompiled.cpp
3>f:\code\0ad\0ad\source ools\atlas\atlasui\misc\precompiled.h(47): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/wxprec.h': No such file or directory
4> test_root.cpp
5>------ Build started: Project: ActorEditor, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\binaries\system\AtlasUI.lib'
4>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\..\..\binaries\system\AtlasObject.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 5 failed, 13 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Edited by madmax

ok, I will try it out.

Zoot,

Does the pinging look ok now ?

On the combat demo map, if I attack with all units at once, it looks at if some of the white dots don't blink at all. But I'd rather not nitpick too much about it - better to get it committed and see what others say.

Edited by zoot

Yeah I ll have to fix this blinking dots being drawn over problem soon. I ll give it a shot with a 2nd vertex array and see what others say.

Meanwhile how about you go ahead and make the patch and attach to the ticket.

Edited by madmax

Pushed some code that allows pinged entities to be drawn on top now.

Certainly an improvement, but if you look at this animation:

R1l1Y1w.gif

It's as if the white dots on the right do not blink at all while the dot on the left does. Is there some counter that is (erroneously?) reset due to movement of the unit, perhaps?

Yeah, I am actually having trouble trying to make the dots blink fast enough since I put in the logic for time based blinking. Maybe its due to the unit's movement too. I will check that.

Its probably better if I let the blinking happen per frame(color changes in each frame), with perhaps some sort of parameter that controls whether its every 1 frame, or every 2 frames ....etc.

Then that parameter, read from the config file will allow control over the rate of blinking and should serve our purpose for now. At least till we have some sort of animation going.

I was thinking of the attack notification animation on the minimap. We can probably start with a simple circle that encircles the main attacking area & blinks rapidly.

Edited by madmax

Hmm, I think I understand why this is happening now. I moved the blinking logic into the component of the object which receives attack notifications. Each unit has a component. I reset the counters on receiving the notification there.

Earlier it was in the minimap class. Will try to fix it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...