0 A.D. Development Report #11

plumo

Tacitus accounts them.

It's now widely accepted that onagers started appearing 60-50 BCE.

Philo of Byzantium even mentions them in that time frame.

Wikipedia now states that too.

Yep, Onagers seem to have been used earlier than first thought. Though, definitely not at the time of the Punic Wars, which is what the Part 1 Romans represent. Best to leave the Onager as an editor unit for now and give it to the Imperial Romans for Part 2. Helps differentiate the imperials from the republicans.

Yep, Onagers seem to have been used earlier than first thought. Though, definitely not at the time of the Punic Wars, which is what the Part 1 Romans represent. Best to leave the Onager as an editor unit for now and give it to the Imperial Romans for Part 2. Helps differentiate the imperials from the republicans.

Yeah they didn't against the Carthaginians.

Although still a republic Julius Caesar used onagers in the siege of Gergovia and Alesia. This spans from 52 BCE onwards.

That's the only exception though regards to the onagers in this era.

Edited by Burzum

Lion.Kanzen mentioned a onager?

Glorious Rome could make anything. But those things in particular ;)

we can see progress and tested with tortoise svn and this create a folder with whole game, and you can update when are changes in the trac:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/

Onagers, siege towers were very much present in that time.

i did mentioned this but nobody comments that, hahaha. i support the idea, with romans siege tower, even carthage had a siege tower.

the time frame of roman in part 1 is before marian reform. before jugurtha wars, and "civili bellum" Marius against Sulla.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

we can see progress and tested with tortoise svn and this create a folder with whole game, and you can update when are changes in the trac:

http://trac.wildfiregames.com/

i did mentioned this but nobody comments that, hahaha. i support the idea, with romans siege tower, even carthage had a siege tower.

the time frame of roman in part 1 is before marian reform. before jugurtha wars, and "civili bellum" Marius against Sulla.

The Romans never had onagers in that time, but they did have mangonels.

Similar to this.

Catapulta_DER_1962.PNG

Except they weren't called mangonels, that was a old french name.