New Faction?

lilstewie

Is it 100% set in stone that Ptoemaic Kingdom will be the next faction?

Because there are other interesting factions with interesting units and civ.

Kingdom of Pontus

http://en.wikipedia....ngdom_of_Pontus

Kingdom of Armenia

http://en.wikipedia....nia_(antiquity)

Seleucids empire

http://en.wikipedia....Seleucid_Empire

Seleucids in a way connects Mauryans to the rest. And their rooster is pretty amazing!

seleucid_war_elephant_large.jpeg

seleucid23vf.jpg

AW_38_Battle_of_Magnesia_191_BC.jpg

seleucidreformedarmy05.jpg

2133609418_f31e86632e_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by lilstewie

What about Germanics? Not like an empire, but still quite interesting, as they concurred big parts of Europe later on.

Also, I remember someone suggesting to make it a "moving population". A population without civil centre, but who could build buildings (that degrade) everywhere on the map. I don't know if it's historically correct, but very interesting game-play wise.

What about Germanics? Not like an empire, but still quite interesting, as they concurred big parts of Europe later on.

Also, I remember someone suggesting to make it a "moving population". A population without civil centre, but who could build buildings (that degrade) everywhere on the map. I don't know if it's historically correct, but very interesting game-play wise.

you know about 0AD part 2, right? Edited by Lion.Kanzen

that would work best with a nomadic horseman culture like the Huns ;)

After the Mauryans are complete the Art Department will move onto the Ptolemies, that's already been revealed and Enrique has a good starting point for them. We might not begin working on the Ptolemies until this summer because there are other areas of 0 A.D. Art that need tightening up, but we'll get there at some point.

The Teutons would be considered barbarian.

Barbarian needs to linked in a barbarian faction that links pissibly goths, huns etc.

Still I do agree that Egyptians need to be added. ;)

The Teutons would be considered barbarian.

Barbarian needs to linked in a barbarian faction that links pissibly goths, huns etc.

Still I do agree that Egyptians need to be added. ;)

Ptolemaic Egyptian. see the Official post :). im sure you will be pleased.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16960

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

In future Expansion Packs, we hope to expand the number of available cultures by incorporating additional civilizations from 1 A.D. to 500 A.D. Possible civilizations include the Germanics, Vandals, Sarmatians, Late Rome, Imperial Rome or Eastern Rome, Saxons, Parthians, Huns, Dacians, and the Goths

.http://play0ad.com/game-info/factions/

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

The civs must have a strong cultural (and military) identity in the 500-1 BC time frame, besides other reasons, to be included in 0 A.D. part 1, Burzum. Part 2 will feature civs in the 1-500 AD time frame, Imperial Romans and Huns are included on the list. The Egyptians were initially not included because the Egyptian golden age was before this frame. But because of fans' requests, as well as from some within the team, the Ptolemies (the closest to Egyptians in our time frame) were included on the list, after the Mauryans' success as a crowd-sourced civ (special thanks here to lilstewie for his searches).

• Like 3

After the Mauryans' success as a crowd-sourced civ (special thanks here to lilstewie for his searches).

I have to agree here, thanks to everyone that helped to make the Mauryan civ to come into 0 A.D.'s world with historical accuracy :)

Also agree to the special thanks to lilstewie, he made a fabulous work researching and finding awesome sources :thumbsup:

I have to agree here, thanks to everyone that helped to make the Mauryan civ to come into 0 A.D.'s world with historical accuracy :)

Also agree to the special thanks to lilstewie, he made a fabulous work researching and finding awesome sources :thumbsup:

lilistewie, are into the Credits?, is great Entusiastic about visual references. and i wish all Civilisation that are left to do, will be Crowd-sourced

The Ptolemics had a dynasty that 300 years. They had an excellent economy and military. It is just the fact that the Ptolemic kingdom is a hybrid of cultures is why I am guessing that some people do not like the Ptolemics to be included in the game?

as long as some editor-only units and buildings for the Ancient Egyptians are included, it'll be fine ;)

The Ptolemics had a dynasty that 300 years. They had an excellent economy and military. It is just the fact that the Ptolemic kingdom is a hybrid of cultures is why I am guessing that some people do not like the Ptolemics to be included in the game?

I thought they were a hybrid culture, but I have been reading that their military make up is basically Macedonian. But they obviously had to hire natives later on.

Ptolemaics weren't more specific faction than Seleucids

While the Seleucids military is very diverse.

But, yeah, Enrqiue and Lordgood have started work already so it's pointless.

Edited by lilstewie

I thought they were a hybrid culture, but I have been reading that their military make up is basically Macedonian. But they obviously had to hire natives later on.

Ptolemaics weren't more specific faction than Seleucids

While the Seleucids military is very diverse.

But, yeah, Enrqiue and Lordgood have started work already so it's pointless.

and thats why, they fail, their Empire was Splitted in several Kingdoms
seceded from the empire. In Asia Minor too, the Seleucid dynasty seemed to be losing control — Gauls had fully established themselves in Galatia, semi-independent semi-Hellenized kingdoms had sprung up in Bithynia, Pontus, and Cappadocia, and the city of Pergamum in the west was asserting its independence under the Attalid Dynasty