"Shared" functions?

FeXoR has been clamoring for a way to access things such as template data from RMGEN for a while: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16242&st=120#entry262357

What is the recommended way to approach this? My suggestion would be to create some kind of 'manager' separately from the simulation and move functions which don't strictly require the simulation to be running out of simulation components and into this new 'shared functions' manager. Both RMGEN and simulation components would then invoke this manager when they require any of this shared functionality.

We have some stuff in public/globalscripts currently some trig functions and something for technologies. This isn't really what you want though.

The templates are already a special case for the simulation code because the templates contain the information about which components should be loaded. I don't know the C++ structure well enough to say where the generalized template manager should go.

FeXoR has been clamoring for a way to access things such as template data from RMGEN for a while: http://www.wildfireg...120#entry262357

What is the recommended way to approach this? My suggestion would be to create some kind of 'manager' separately from the simulation and move functions which don't strictly require the simulation to be running out of simulation components and into this new 'shared functions' manager. Both RMGEN and simulation components would then invoke this manager when they require any of this shared functionality.

THX for picking up my clamoring :thank_you2: