===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan light & medium Warships

Enrique

I don't mind texturing paperkat's model as long as he's fine with it.

I can also do unit texturing, if there's anything that needs attention. I'm working on personal projects right now, but I definitely want to help out as much as possible :D... so hit me with whatever modelling/texturing task :P.

-nick

edit: also, I forgot to thank you for all the help as usual and taking the time to fix stuff that I broke

Edited by ndragu

Heroes could use already modeled unit types. We just need textures. I was about to point him to that thread :P

You can find in-game mauryan textures here http://svn.wildfireg...skins/skeletal/

You can work in top of that textures or use a "naked" template, which I cannot find now ^_^

If you want to import some models into MAX to see how the texture will look mapped into them, you can find them here: http://svn.wildfireg...eshes/skeletal/

(m_pants*, m_tunic*, m_armor*, etc)

I would like to help with those textures for the heroes Enrique was mentioning. However I'm not sure I understand exactly what's needed. Are the existing textures old or they don't look right? What's wrong with them and what should I concentrate on doing?

-nick

Hey Nick!

Sorry, I should have explained better. Those are texture examples of existing units, so you can see the layout that the unit textures has. I also pointed you to the meshes if you want to see them applied to the body and how they're UV unwrapped.

I pointed you to those files in order to try your hand at doing the Mauryan hero textures. Here's the task thread: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17026

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Enrique,

Sorry for being slow about this. I haven't forgotten about it, it's just that I've been swamped with other work. I haven't done anything in that direction so far, but I will definitely do so at the end of this week, most likely on Saturday/Sunday. If you want to, you can start with whatever you wanted to work on and let me know so that I don't do the same thing. Again, sorry for being slow right now, but I'll do my best to show some work in the next few days.

Nick

Hi Enrique,

Sorry for being slow about this. I haven't forgotten about it, it's just that I've been swamped with other work. I haven't done anything in that direction so far, but I will definitely do so at the end of this week, most likely on Saturday/Sunday. If you want to, you can start with whatever you wanted to work on and let me know so that I don't do the same thing. Again, sorry for being slow right now, but I'll do my best to show some work in the next few days.

Nick

No problem Nick ;). I took care of the 3 heroes. I think there's no more work left on the mauryans, maybe the cart for the trader, but the ox is not animated, so it won't make it to the alpha 13 release that will be sometime soonish.