Moddb and a Logo Contest

Atenmeses52

Hey everyone,

So I was thinking that we should have an official moddb page for our mod, and I'd be more than happy to make it for us, but I ran into one problem-- Moddb requires that you give them proof of actual in-game content from our mod. Anything as simple as a logo would suffice, so I was thinking we should have a Logo Contest. Here is what it entails:

1. Sumbit your logo to this thread by the end of the week (that is, conveniently, also the end of the month, the 31st).

2. Votes will be counted via reputation points. You can vote as soon as a logo is posted and voting will continue until Sunday the 3rd of February, at which point the winner is decided!

Good Luck Everyone!

Atenmeses

What's the official name for the mod? Also how is this mod licensed?

For now, our name is 0 A.D. Bronze Age, but if you have a better idea on what to name it, then feel free to include that with your logo!

Also, as far as licensing is concerned, I have no idea what creative license we have yet... this is the first mod/game I've ever been a part of so I'll look into that. :)

You should avoid starting a ModDB page until you actually do have ingame content. Not because ModDB will frown upon it, but because the community might write it off if they see a mod page with just a logo. For the same reason that AoKH/AoMH require you to have completed at least 10% of a project before posting a showcase about it - proof of concept.

• Like 2

Yeah. Kimball is right.

With all due respect, without showing some real-work done it's pointless to start different pages just to get the trill and emotion of people seeing your idea and commenting about it. Trust me, I've been there ;)

Back in the C&C Generals modding days, you didn't even get a forum untill you had some solid work going on :P - Harsh times, if you ask me.

Since I guess you're the mod leader, you should know at least every single step of modding 0ad (3d modelling, texturing, rigging*, animating*, codding, ect) in order to get your team motivated to join you. ATM, I can't think of anyone that would join without some real proof of work. You must be the pillar where your team will look for support. Just assiging tasks doesn't work. If you can't get things done yourself, you're doomed to fail - again, personal experience.

Of course, when you get a team commited to you and your project, you can relax a bit - not much -, but starting is always hard to do. Specially for the mod leader, or one man teams, like it's what I think you have now. ;)

@Pureon: Since it's a mod not an indie, I guess it should be CC.

*these 2 are not mandatory, since you can re-use some of 0ad's animations, but are also a plus to any mod leader.

Don't rush, mate.

I wish you best of luck and I hope this will become an awesome mod someday :)

You should avoid starting a ModDB page until you actually do have ingame content. Not because ModDB will frown upon it, but because the community might write it off if they see a mod page with just a logo. For the same reason that AoKH/AoMH require you to have completed at least 10% of a project before posting a showcase about it - proof of concept.

I agree completely... Just looking at moddb mod pages you can see how many "failed" mods there are-- we shouldn't post anything to moddb until we have a solid foundation of work (be it models or music or units or whatever else) to show off!

I try to do that but it's not good :)

It's still pretty good-- It's more of a title than a logo though. Maybe try to do something like what Rise of the East did with their logo (modifying the 0 A.D. official logo) But still-- It's good for a title.

i was Starting one :). but i wasn't active in forum to reply or support Atenmeses52.

we need put a nice name to the Mod

The Dawn of Civilizations.

Warriors of Sun

and i want do this Project with others Developer Teams. even i was created one [Team Studio] i named it . Fallen Empires Studios

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

How's this for a name:

Aristeia: A Bronze Age Mod for 0 A.D.

Aristeia is a Homeric concept of a warrior's defining moment in his career (It can be equated to a nation's Golden Age, but on a personal level). It is often followed by his death. Since Homeric warriors were most likely Mycenaeans, this might be a good name.

Also, @Lion, First, Great to have you back! Second, Did you make a website for Fallen Empires? I think you said you did a while back, but I might not be remembering correctly.

How's this for a name:

Aristeia: A Bronze Age Mod for 0 A.D.

Aristeia is a Homeric concept of a warrior's defining moment in his career (It can be equated to a nation's Golden Age, but on a personal level). It is often followed by his death. Since Homeric warriors were most likely Mycenaeans, this might be a good name.

Also, @Lion, First, Great to have you back! Second, Did you make a website for Fallen Empires? I think you said you did a while back, but I might not be remembering correctly.

im not sure if do a page in Blogspot or Wordpress or use the MODB, and if you can be part of Fallen Empires Studio as Co-Founder.

im not sure if do a page in Blogspot or Wordpress or use the MODB, and if you can be part of Fallen Empires Studio as Co-Founder.

I would just do a wordpress/ blogspot for now. Later, once we actually have stuff to show off we can set up a Moddb. I'd also like to be co-founder if it's possible :)

Also, can we get a list of all people who want to be involved in this mod? Just post on thread or message Lion or I. Thanks!

Edited by Atenmeses52

I would just do a wordpress/ blogspot for now. Later, once we actually have stuff to show off we can set up a Moddb. I'd also like to be co-founder if it's possible :)

Also, can we get a list of all people who want to be involved in this mod? Just post on thread or message Lion or I. Thanks!

I want the People see this Mod are more for Inexpert or Beginners to the Team Official Aplicators.

i The Bronze Age Mod is A Great mod or Project that owns other Studios [ conglomerate of Studios] working Together many Studios to do it. now are that way we can Finish and work more faster.

Yeah. Kimball is right.

With all due respect, without showing some real-work done it's pointless to start different pages just to get the trill and emotion of people seeing your idea and commenting about it. Trust me, I've been there ;)

Back in the C&C Generals modding days, you didn't even get a forum untill you had some solid work going on :P - Harsh times, if you ask me.

Since I guess you're the mod leader, you should know at least every single step of modding 0ad (3d modelling, texturing, rigging*, animating*, codding, ect) in order to get your team motivated to join you. ATM, I can't think of anyone that would join without some real proof of work. You must be the pillar where your team will look for support. Just assiging tasks doesn't work. If you can't get things done yourself, you're doomed to fail - again, personal experience.

Of course, when you get a team commited to you and your project, you can relax a bit - not much -, but starting is always hard to do. Specially for the mod leader, or one man teams, like it's what I think you have now. ;)

*these 2 are not mandatory, since you can re-use some of 0ad's animations, but are also a plus to any mod leader.

Don't rush, mate.

We are not your level[all those Knowlegde], but we want Learn, Train and the people Learn too, and the people donate work to us.

We are not a Mod like official Mod Rise of East. we are a few guys want start Making Civilization for theme in this case Bronze Age.

We havent goal to Finish like the 0.A.D. all can contributte with a Model one day, other with Music, Other with Programming.

we don't Take all Civs of this Packed, really don't Want that. we want encouraging other to do together, with own Studios.

Some studio Making Mycenean, other Making Hittites, etc. when a civs is Finish, its Packed and put to Download the best way, may be DLC like Age of Empires Online. or other games with Extra Content, this way the official Team dont stress with New Faction or Faction outside of 500 BC -500 AD.

HA2FSco.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Yeah. Kimball is right.

Don't rush, mate.

We are not your level[all those Knowlegde], but we want Learn, Train and the people Learn too, and the people donate work to us.

Whoa that's really good. It's simple but elegant. I like it a lot.

im Graphic designer, that's part of my life, Design beautiful Logos. haha

The Official MODdb page

http://www.moddb.com...-empires-studio

My personal Blog.

http://lion-kanzen-pro.blogspot.com/

Fallen empires Studio Page.

http://fallenempires....wordpress.com/

Art for a Wallpaper

MnTcOvr.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Magnificent art. I'd just like to point out for the subtitle, "The Bronze Pack" is a bit vague. I recommend really using the full description "Bronze Age Civilization Pack" or just "Civilization Pack", but with a smaller size, else it'll steal attention from the title.

nice Suggestion Thank you, i was concentra to to main Imagotype than the Description.

Pedro i need some one Speak mi Spanish and Speak English, to Main page, i would ask something, need you as team Member, of course if you wish,

to Writing some messages to invite new members, to Announces in Main Team Page, i need a lot History to Traduce into English, and you now about PROGRAMING, C++ dont you?, don't see with a compromise, me neither even Atenmeses can see this as a kind of work.

for now we are in Info Document Designing, and emblem.

Yes, i can program in C++, though it's not my favorite language. I can give you guys some help with it and with the translations, if you want, just don't expect too much of me.

the Project is for Learn Pedro, the only thing, i want is all who are involved, enjoy.

you don't think this Project are like official. or like Scion Developers Project.

And Aristeia are not only a Project of FES, its the who want take it.

for now i want contact to you to send some material to translate. and find how redact some History for each faction.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Translations are also my thing :) ! I know a few people who can help with proto-Greek and Mycenaean translations. I can do Ancient Egyptian and Phoenician, and possibly Assyrian translations myself. For Hebrew, we should ask Jeru or someone else from Israel, and for Minoan I'd use Luwian (might be hard to find people who know this though) or just use the same proto-Greek that the Mycenaeans use.

Translations are also my thing :) ! I know a few people who can help with proto-Greek and Mycenaean translations. I can do Ancient Egyptian and Phoenician, and possibly Assyrian translations myself. For Hebrew, we should ask Jeru or someone else from Israel, and for Minoan I'd use Luwian (might be hard to find people who know this though) or just use the same proto-Greek that the Mycenaeans use.

i need spanish to English.

hey give your email. or send me an email at lion.kanzen (at) gmail.com