(Bronze Age) Civ: Hebrews/ Israelites

Atenmeses52

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't forget Hebrew slingers in the bible book of Judges chapter 20 verse 16 it talks about 700 select Benjamite left handed slingers that could sling a stone at a hairs breadth and not miss.

in the bible book of 1 Chronicles chapter 12 it talks about The army of king David he had Benjamites that could sling stones and shoot arrows with either hand, and also a group of Gadites that were mighty men as swift as gazelles armed with a spear and a shield. an example of being as swift as a gazelle can be found in 2nd Samuel 2 were Asahel who was a swift as a gazelle was pursuing Abner, and when Abner struck him with the blunt of the spear it came out of Asahel's back.

King Solomon seems to be the first of the Hebrews to use chariots and horsemen buying them from Egypt. according to 2 Chronicles chapter 2 verse 17 that he exported Egyptian chariots and horses to the Hittites and the Sryians.

and if you plan on having a scenario for this civ may i suggest you use the conquest of AI and not the fall of Jericho because i think that the fall of Jericho would be too controversial because it involves a miracle. the battle of AI is tactical genius at first a few of the Hebrews attacked the city but they soundly beaten (they did not plan to get defeated) then when the whole Hebrew army attacked they hid some of there men away from the battle to take the city after they have lured the enemy soldiers away from the city, and they conquered the city

i hope all this is helpful in creating a Hebrew civ they are not seen in many RTS games

• Like 2

i saw that a while ago and i don't think it has a good explanation because in the bible text it says the walls fell down flat which means 1 of 3 things that the writer is lying, that it was by a miracle that the walls fell flat, or that the walls were undermined or something. but i think it would take more time then 6 days to undermine a wall.

• 3 weeks later...

I very like the hebrew army and i find this that coukd be very interesting for conceptual art

i see that, love Documentary :P hey you can do some renders?

i want Egyptyan armor and Armor for Egytian and Sea People.

in try to access to our "trac/wiki" https://sourceforge.net/projects/aristeia/ and ask to idawin to do you an access level. try wok with idawin he is the Mater of 3D and me th madster of 2D.

Here's what I'm thinking for the Hebrews:

Since most of their architecture is the same as the Phoenicians' architecture, we should just have them use the same building set with minor differences (ie: Phoenicians get a bigger better dock building and Hebrews have a synagogue instead of the Phoenician temple). This combination would work like the Hellenes (Split a group called Canaanites into Phoenicians and Hebrews). We could do the same for other related civs. (Assyrians and Babylonians; Minoans and Mycenaeans; Egyptians and Nubians) Any thoughts?

Bronze Age Hebrews would probably have a tabernacle. If we are closer to Iron Age, then maybe the temple. Synagogues would be more in 0 A.D.'s time period.

we are between Rise of Hititte Empire to Fall of Estruscan under Romans. we try to blend 0.A.D to Aristeia. is very later bronze age.close to Iron.

Actually, the Israelites did construct temples. For reference, read 1 Samuel's first chapters. The tabernacle can be a sort of wonder built in the village phase which is mobile and can later be upgraded to Solomon's temple.

i dont know if is goo idea destroy temples from a people who today exist,

This brings us back to the argument we had in the Mauryans thread where some people felt that it would be a bad idea to destroy Hindu temples in the game. I believe they settled on making the temple a normal building with no religious symbols on it. Maybe we could do something similar?