Civ: Egyptians (New Kingdom Egyptians)

Atenmeses52

So I have an idea for the design of the hero units:

Since chariots were used by the royalty a lot (and I mean to the point where royalty are rarely ever seen in anything other than a chariot) each hero should have a chariot, and on each chariot should be the hieroglyphic name in a cartouche (a ring around the name that shows it's a royal name). I can supply these later if we decide to go with the idea. Also, we could put some generic hieroglyphic inscriptions, which I can also provide, on buildings, shields, prop stelae, etc...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how many vertexes I should use for the shield, but since you're likely to have a lot of units on the screen I kept it as low poly as I could (40 vertexes, 96 edges, 56 faces, when triangulated).

@Lion: Can you make the texture? I've attached the UV-map to this post. You should make both front and back to this UV-map, they are exactly the same.

post-4287-0-84201200-1364300669_thumb.pn

Should I also give the hairy shield a try?

Not sure how we're going to make it look hairy in the game though.

Not sure how many vertexes I should use for the shield, but since you're likely to have a lot of units on the screen I kept it as low poly as I could (40 vertexes, 96 edges, 56 faces, when triangulated).

@Lion: Can you make the texture? I've attached the UV-map to this post. You should make both front and back to this UV-map, they are exactly the same.

ok you upload to team@fallenempires.mygbiz.com

ZD9B8hA.png

Object: Model Armor, Shield

Inv Nr: VM2352

Exhibit: The Mediterranean & Nile Valley

Case: 4

Period: Middle Kingdom

Provenance: El Bersheh

Material: Wood

Dimensions: Height: 50.5

5188311267_6dfca4560f_z.jpg
6b27a834-98b5-4c89-a00b-36ce3b565ae9.jpg

From my Book of Civilization of History

E0lkZRR.jpg
During the New Kingdom bronze was sometimes used. Metal plate shields were heavier than leather shields with wooden frames, and did not necessarily afford better protection.

At Oxford University a leather covered wooden frame shield and a bronze shield were constructed similar to shields used in ancient times. Attempts at piercing them with a sword and a lance were made. While the bronze shield was split by the sword and pierced by the spear, the leather shield with its higher elasticity was not penetrated.

The shields were held by a handle or a leather strip fastened to the centre of the frame (see photograph below). At times attempts were made to free the shield arm for offensive action, or at least for carrying another weapon. The shield was carried by a strap slung over the shoulder and was thus reduced to a passive piece of armour protecting one side of the body.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Version 1 to Egyptian Soldier maximum level to Spearman

S6UXjNp.png1dYgGFf.png
Edited by Lion.Kanzen

To Translate:

Imperio Nuevo

Tras la derrota de los Hicsos, la Dinastía XVIII comienza una serie campañas militares y conquistas para las cuales el ejército necesitó una elaborada organización. Mantienen la caballería y los carros de los Hicsos, y estos cuerpos de élite quedaban encuadrados en Divisiones de Infantería, que constituían la principal masa de combatientes. Cada una iba mandada por un general y recibía el nombre de un dios; estaban divididas en batallones y estos en compañías formadas por unos 200 hombres, repartidos en secciones de 50.

egypcian.jpg Edited by Lion.Kanzen