Civ: Egyptians (New Kingdom Egyptians)

Atenmeses52

some members time ago do Building models. i would if we ask about donating models.

I founded.

When Mauryans are finished, I'll work on bring Egyptians (Ptolemies) into the game just for pleasure (I already have some half-finished textures). Even If is not a main faction, like a mini-faction (if there's no problem about it) :)

Oshron if you want to start working on it, just searching for some Egyptian gods images/hieroglyphs but with CC-BY-SA 3.0 or public domain images will boost the texture process creation. (I think there are nice public domain images of Egyptian gods in wikipedia)

This idea was on my mind even before joining WFG officially :P

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4702

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

This mod could easily reuse a lot of assets from the (possible) upcoming Ptolemties faction. The main difference will be the units and heroes and wonders and things like that. The buildings and props and things of that nature will largely be applicable to both eras.

yeah thats why i want Start with this. its easy too give/ask models to the community. i many people wants this Faction, Even the Team can use it for Persian Campaing together with Phoenicians.

I was actually thinking that we should put off actually working on this civ until the Ptolemies are at least partially modeled and textured so we could maybe take those models then and modify them (un-Hellenize them) and use them for this civ. We could do units now though.... but I'd rather we focus on the civs that we'll have to do from scratch, like the Assyrians, Mycenaeans, and Phoenicians.

I was actually thinking that we should put off actually working on this civ until the Ptolemies are at least partially modeled and textured so we could maybe take those models then and modify them (un-Hellenize them) and use them for this civ. We could do units now though.... but I'd rather we focus on the civs that we'll have to do from scratch, like the Assyrians, Mycenaeans, and Phoenicians.

if we can make @idanwin, join to team or Work with us as collaborator. must be nice. he have experience put building and Object in game.

I just have 3 egyptian buildings modelled, they'll probably need to be "hellenized" to fit ptolemies. The problem is that some textures used are copyrighted and must be changed. But if you want the models, I can send them to you.

These are the models: http://www.wildfireg...=20#entry246300

These Egyptians aren't Hellenized. It's bronze age indigenous egyptians.

To search Symbol to Faction.

This really nice but the Scarab

In theNew Kingdom scarabs with titles and names of officials became rare. Amenhotep III is famous for his commemorative scarabs that memorialized events of his day. A type of these relates to his lion hunts in the first 10 years of his reign (with claims of extraordinary lion numbers); others of the series relates the building of 'the lake for his wife, Queen Tiye'.

220px-Hidden_treasures_19.jpg

Maat

31aBIrbwbVL.jpg

Maat or ma'at (thought to have been pronounced *[muʔ.ʕat]),[1] also spelled māt or mayet, was the ancient Egyptian concept of truth, balance, order, law, morality, and justice. Maat was also personified as a goddess regulating the stars, seasons, and the actions of both mortals and the deities, who set the order of the universe from chaos at the moment of creation. Her (ideological) counterpart wasIsfet.

Temples of Maat

The earliest evidence for a dedicated temple is in the New Kingdom (c. 1569 to 1081 BCE) era, despite the great importance placed on Maat. Amenhotpe III commissioned a temple in the Karnak complex, whilst textual evidence indicates that other temples of Maat were located in Memphis and at Deir el-Medina.

51XYzjmvcwL.jpg

Falcon Ra Head New Kingdom, Nineteenth Dynasty, reign of Ramesses II (1279-1213 BCE) Egypt, Saqqara, Serapeum, tomb of the Apis that died in year 26 of Ramesses II's reign

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally i was decided to do Emblem to Faction

Inspired in Persian Emblem.

XXdXXvL.png

The New Kingdom Egypt

XcH7KZT.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally i was decided to do Emblem to Faction

The New Kingdom Egypt

XcH7KZT.png

darn! Lion, you made this falcon emblem ?? It looks wonderful..... :o

Could you explain how you made it ? (technique, program and reference picture source)

I LOVE it.

darn! Lion, you made this falcon emblem ?? It looks wonderful..... :o

Could you explain how you made it ? (technique, program and reference picture source)

I LOVE it.

i Made the effects, the Original draw, was only outlines in black i was take in Deviant Art, later i was Vectorized in [Adobe Illustrator]"live trace" and next effects in Illustrator, Next step in Photoshop, later create a Shield in Illustrator and i was fushioned in Photoshop.

Here i make a Tutorial. http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17040

That's an amazing emblem Lion!

Thsnk you, i love your 3D eye Candy Stuff and that why, i want you help Fallen Empires Studios, i request your experience.

and i know you have some 3d models to donate.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

These Egyptians aren't Hellenized. It's bronze age indigenous egyptians.

Yes, that's what I said, they need to be "hellenized" to fit the ptolemies, but they're ok for bronze age Egypt I think. They just need textures.

i Made the effects, the Original draw, was only outlines in black i was take in Deviant Art, later i was Vectorized in [Adobe Illustrator]"live trace" and next effects in Illustrator, Next step in Photoshop, later create a Shield in Illustrator and i was fushioned in Photoshop.

Taking Deviant Art works without author's permission or without mentioning author's name/link to page and work upon it is not a nice habit to have. :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Yes, that's what I said, they need to be "hellenized" to fit the ptolemies, but they're ok for bronze age Egypt I think. They just need textures.

Taking Deviant Art works without author's permission or without mentioning author's name/link to page and work upon it is not a nice habit to have. :closedeyes:

yeah i know but i paste this http://dacreativegen...t/Heru-41692525 in other related topic. XD

by ~dacreativegenius

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Still, you need his authorization to use his work in your mod and probably in the tutorial also. Specially if you're going to use his work in your mod.

He doesn't specify under which license offers his art, I bet you wouldn't like that someone uses your work for his own purposes without notifying you and give credit. Be careful with that.

Still, you need his authorization to use his work in your mod and probably in the tutorial also. Specially if you're going to use his work in your mod.

He doesn't specify under which license offers his art, I bet you wouldn't like that someone uses your work for his own purposes without notifying you and give credit. Be careful with that.

i know i try to contact with him. if he refuses, i will draw one.

___________________________________________________________________________--

pectoralhalconp.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

8-hittite-warrior-the-battle-of-kadesh[1].jpg

Ramses_II_by_thegryph.jpg

egyptian-pharaoh-ramses-ii-in-his-chariot.jpg?w=900

La-bataille-de-Kadesh-Ramses-II-sur-son-char--est-preced.jpg

ramses-iic2b0-and-his-army.jpg?w=450

BttleofKadesh.jpg

and-finally-giuseppe-ravas-rendition-of-the-battle-of-kadesh-scanned-from-a-vae-victis-magazine.jpg

Ramses II? may be.[Heroe Egyptian]

Ramesses the Great, was the third Egyptian pharaoh (reigned 1279 BC – 1213 BC) of the Nineteenth dynasty. He is often regarded as the greatest, most celebrated, and most powerful pharaoh of the Egyptian Empire

His successors and later Egyptians called him the "Great Ancestor." Ramesses II led several military expeditions into the Levant, re-asserting Egyptian control over Canaan.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Why quote 7 images to say that?

sorry, i am recollecting info yet. , havent no time to edit quoted post that have Images or put Spoilers tags.

for these days, i haven't no time to complete some task, and information, and Atenmeses52, are than busy as me.

i was forgot complete this topic, i am working in this into the nights, this work its for now in Design Discussion about Units and heroes.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my Hero Ideas:

1.) Ramses II (see above and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramses_II)

2.) Thutmose I (A great military leader http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thutmose_I)

3.) Akhenaten (reformed Egyptian religion to become monotheistic, following only the sun disk Aten, and he built a new city and cult center for his new Religion which he made the capital of Egypt. Although Egypt's military strongly decreased during his reign, he was a revolutionary thinker and managed to construct a huge city within his short reign. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten)