Phoenician-Architecture.jpg

That is someone's house built in a Phoenician-revival style

11010701.jpgObelisks appear to be an important element of their architecture

city.jpg

An artist's reconstruction of Phoenician houses

n509421383_66811_5044.jpg

A reconstruction of the Phoencian City of Tyre

faqra_Phoenician-Ruins.jpgfaqra_building_columns6.jpg

Temple ruins near the ski-resort town of Faraya-Faqra-Mzaar-Kfardebiane in the Lebanon Mountains (on the left is a large foundation on the right is an altar with the distinct column style)

• 2 weeks later...

Brief History (off the top of my head.... I can do more later):

The Phoenicians began as a tribe of Canaanites who settled in the agriculturally fertile region in the Northern Levant (Lebanon and Coastal Syria). They formed city-states, much like the Greek poleis. Some of the most famous of these city-states were: Sidon, Tyre, Byblos, and Baalbek. Most of these cities are still inhabited today. It's hard to find Phoenician ruins because they are buried under later Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Arab, Ottoman, and Modern buildings. The city-state of Tyre, in southern Lebanon, sent a princess, named Elissa (Latin: Dido) to found Carthage. The myth goes that she was running away from her evil father and she fled to Africa, where she made a deal with a local chief that if she could surround land with her shirt, she could own the land for free. She cut up her shirt and tied it up into a long rope and encircled the area of the city-state of Carthage, and it was given to her for free! The Phoenicians were also master merchants and sailors, establishing trade routes to as north as England, and possiby as south as what is now Ghana and Cote-d'-Ivoire. They are a very unique culture, and I am proud to have them represented in this game!

Just a reminder the Phoenicians colonized Carthage they where the parent civ.

Enjoy the Choice :)

yes that we buildings have same with other texturs more Levant materials than North African-South Spain

Brief History (off the top of my head.... I can do more later):

The Phoenicians began as a tribe of Canaanites who settled in the agriculturally fertile region in the Northern Levant (Lebanon and Coastal Syria). They formed city-states, much like the Greek poleis. Some of the most famous of these city-states were: Sidon, Tyre, Byblos, and Baalbek. Most of these cities are still inhabited today. It's hard to find Phoenician ruins because they are buried under later Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Arab, Ottoman, and Modern buildings. The city-state of Tyre, in southern Lebanon, sent a princess, named Elissa (Latin: Dido) to found Carthage. The myth goes that she was running away from her evil father and she fled to Africa, where she made a deal with a local chief that if she could surround land with her shirt, she could own the land for free. She cut up her shirt and tied it up into a long rope and encircled the area of the city-state of Carthage, and it was given to her for free! The Phoenicians were also master merchants and sailors, establishing trade routes to as north as England, and possiby as south as what is now Ghana and Cote-d'-Ivoire. They are a very unique culture, and I am proud to have them represented in this game!

too long yet. Focus in Phonicia, not refernces to Carthage until Final.

remember the Structure.History; Origin, Rise to power(Without Carthage), Colonies, Forces and Fall.

in 9 lines :).

Atenmeses i need your Email to show you some ideas before presented in forum.

And show you Emblems.

i need a idea for Phoenician Emblem

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

fenicios.jpg

that is how looks like, merchant class.

PhoenicianTroops.jpg

t seems that the Sacred Bands were some sort of a religious quasi-esoteric order as well with an intense religious dedication and powerful patron gods like Anat, Melqart and Astarte of the Battle.

One interesting thing that I've noticed about many websites I've visited on the Canaanites, is that many of them seem to have this idea that Canaanite culture was destroyed by the Hebrews in a supposed invasion, that their descendants lived in the north and became known by the Greeks as Phoenicians. Then the Greeks Hellenized Phoenicia and all of the city-states basically became Hellenic Greek city-states and Canaanite culture disappeared. I have long felt that this wasn't the case, and Canaanite culture was (even when Hellenized) less 'Hellenic' than most people imagine it to be. Just to clarify, I'm not claiming that Canaan was never Hellenized, that Alexander's conquest of the land never happened, or that Hellenic culture has had no influence whatsoever over Canaanites and their traditional religion. There are numerous elements of Greek thought that I can see in later Iron Age religion from what we have discovered so far. But the point I'm trying to make is that the Canaanites didn't simply become Greeks, and their culture wasn't destroyed or abandoned.

Source

http://bet-ilim.blog...label/Phoenicia

319.jpg

civs from fanqtics

phoenicianancientunits_4Gv.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 weeks later...

Phoenician Altar based on the one in an earlier post

post-4287-0-81785000-1363111595_thumb.jp

(needs to be textured)

send me at Mail to team@fallenempires.mygbiz.com the .dae Models. and i will try can to create textures.i Send new invitation to our psage as Editor, and try to join http://fallenempires...velopment-page/

to show you the password send me a email

into that are you can find password to use team Email, go to Drive and upload the file upload. and then i put in 3D model / Phoenicia.

Coming soon we have a github or SVN to upload files.

AND THANK YOU MAN.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I prefer .blend as well, but not everyone has blender ...

... ehm ... blender is free so anyone can have blender ...

... yeah, blend should be preferred.

Are the phoenicians going to use the carthaginian houses? They look very similar so I don't see why we should make new ones.

http://phoenicia.org/architecture.html

he architecture of the Phoenicians began with the fashioning of the native rock--so abundant in all parts of the country where they had settled them

stele.jpgselves--into dwellings, temples, and tombs. The calcareous limestone

Read more: Phoenician Architecture, Temples,Palaces and Shrines http://phoenicia.org...l#ixzz2O59Qqflm

leverdoor.jpghazor-canaanite-royal-palace-1300-bc.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

What about Phoenician military, how are you going to portray them? Are you going to portray them as Middle Eastern based infantry with chariot as the main arm and supported by mercenaries or an army based on Hellenic style citizen army with the support of foreign mercenaries and auxiliaries. As far as i know, Phoenician wasn't a military superpower but a collection of city states competing for their personal interest.

• Like 1