Civ: Assyrians

Atenmeses52

I gotta be honest, I'm not sure you realize how much work making this many new factions is.

A lot, but then again there is no fixed deadline, so all of these civs can be done one by one. Some, I imagine the Egyptians will be one of those, will get finished quite soon, others will take much longer. But this mod idea is certainly worth the trouble.

Leave them, focus on a few, if the others turn out to be too much work you can always decide not to do them. Maybe you should make a priority list of the factions?

this is being adressed in the main thread

Also, those are great images-- I remember seeing an exhibit on Assyria in Boston a few years ago-- maybe try tracking down its website. It was at the Museum of Fine Arts I think... It had huge Assyrian reliefs of the conquest of Elam and had reconstruction-paintings of the Assyrian capital city of Nineveh. Here are those paintings (they're pretty famous):

nineveh.jpg

nineveh_sennacherib_palace.jpg

Edited by Atenmeses52

I gotta be honest, I'm not sure you realize how much work making this many new factions is.

You inspired this, friend, but this a Pack of Civilization, i will not change gameplay or something complicate, only put new factions and i want all Members Participate, and lean how do a Easily Mod or Civilization.

is basic a Learning Training Mod for improve some skills. i want more fan work in own work for grown the Comunnity.

Many People are asking for this Civilizations, in special for Egyptian. People thinks in first Age Empires when see 0 A.D.

and Expeimen AOK when they play.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...

Spearmans

60umd2pc5b4.jpg

Fear Archers

http://forums.civfan...e8223d8_539.jpg

hero:

d19a8c038072.jpg

This bas-relief from Ashurbanipal’s (669-633 B.C.) palace in Nineveh shows the king riding in his ceremonial chariot. The canopy shows his royalty. The king of Assyria was also high priest and deputy to the god Ashur, their chief deity.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

When I first saw the Ashoka Maurya Hero Unit, I thought it looks more like Ashurbanipal than a Mauryan.... Maybe, if they redo it, we could use the current model, seeing as it is a near perfect match for an Assyrian king.

yeah that why is a Mod :)

i will share a Document civ. in our site.

I want to use Sublime text 2 is a Freeware to Edit HTML and other Basic Programming Language.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

When I first saw the Ashoka Maurya Hero Unit, I thought it looks more like Ashurbanipal than a Mauryan.... Maybe, if they redo it, we could use the current model, seeing as it is a near perfect match for an Assyrian king.

That's a placeholder. It looks like a Persian emperor. Persians copied Mesopotamian styles, so they look similar.

Edited by lilstewie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

DFn10%2Bportadacrop.jpg

BTW -- The Assyrians were very brutal. I mean, these guys were super hardcore and extremely sadistic. When they took a city they would chop all the males' hands off (all ages) and put everyone's eyes out. Things like that. Their leaders would boast in their inscriptions about how cruel they were to the vanquished. "Ethnic cleansing" was their specialty. Not until the Mongols almost 2000 later was there a tribe so feared. So, perhaps they should have some kind of "terror" bonus.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-k1zxnRJBFKE/Tzrym-WuSzI/AAAAAAAAAY0/sHjzlNaRBBQ/s1600/DFn10%2Bportadacrop.jpg

BTW -- The Assyrians were very brutal. I mean, these guys were super hardcore and extremely sadistic. When they took a city they would chop all the males' hands off (all ages) and put everyone's eyes out. Things like that. Their leaders would boast in their inscriptions about how cruel they were to the vanquished. "Ethnic cleansing" was their specialty. Not until the Mongols almost 2000 later was there a tribe so feared. So, perhaps they should have some kind of "terror" bonus.

yeah i was read some that in Flavius Josephus book about Jews and theirs Ancient Wars ;). nice pics.

and know invasions to Egypt and the war aganst Babylon.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The dark side of our beloved ancient times... :(

I'm always struck by how horrible men can be, anytime and anywhere.

That said, the terror bonus is a very good idea.