Accessibility in 0 A.D.

yeah thank you but im not talking about me, im left handed... yes, but im thinking in pre-set options for K-board for some people, that people cant do it that. Modding. I have MOD Skills. actual setting is not problem for me. not all people, are good for use the computer. but enjoy gaming.

we talking about options menu / acceptability/ kerborad setting / load left hand mode. someting like that.

and include other class of Hardware Compatibilty, Touchscreens, kinect for pc compatibilty. many people dont have a two hands like we. or other physical disability. thank you for reply.

You inspired this idea in the Other post [Gaming Changes] when you said A, S, D, W . Shortcuts and i was remember that option in some FPShooters. Thank you Pedro :).

Mythos_Ruler some time ago suggest that interface menu. with a make up made for him.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 6 years later...
On 1/8/2013 at 11:29 PM, Jeru said:

A user writes on our contact form (emphasis mine):

I am wondering if we can implement this, and what other features would be needed to make 0 A.D. accessible to as many people as possible, e.g. people with visual impairments, the hard of hearing, etc.

I have found this post by google. I am visually impaired and I only see 10% with both eyes. I would like to share with you my experience and how the game could be improved for visually impaired players.

Over all it is not very difficult to play the game and compete with other players (rank something with 1400). However, there are some improvements that  I could benefit.

The biggest handicap for me is the UI (the bar with the ressources and total units. I think someone in this forum has already asked for that.

It  would be a great benefit for me if I can enlarge the UI somehow.

Furthermore I have some troubles with the minimap. When getting attacked it is sometimes difficutl to see the red dot wehre I got attacked. It would be better to enlarge the red dot on the minimap or toogle the minimap to full screen with a hotkey.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nescio said:

Insert e.g.

gui.scale = "2.0"

in your `user.cfg` file (see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths ).

That doesn't really help. It only helps to to play with a higher resolution but does not really magnify the UI. I can only set it to 1.28.. with a resolution of 1024x 1280. When setting it to 2.0 it will cover up the minimap.

Is there a way to incresae the font size?